CRM

rbharris1
Contributor

Contact Tokens in Contact-based workflow "set property value" action

SOLVE

I am attempting to create a contact-based workflow with an action "Set property value" that automatically sets a property to a value that includes another contact property value.

Specifically, I'm creating a URL to the matching contact record in our backoffice database. We already have the backoffice ID on the contact record in HS. I want to build a URL that looks like, http://www.../MyContacts.aspx?ViewItem=194918 (where 194918 is the backoffice contact ID inserted dynamically from the relevant HS property).

This works on a company-based workflow. I am able to insert a company token into the company "Set property" action (see first image below). However, I can't insert a contact token into the contact "Set contact property" action (see second image below).

Does anyone know of a workaround?

Company "Set property" actionCompany "Set property" action

Contact "Set Contact Property Value" actionContact "Set Contact Property Value" action

1 Accepted solution
jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @rbharris1,

Thank you for your post. The reason you are seeing a difference in functionality between a Contact workflow and a Deal workflow is because Company/Deal/Ticket/Quote workflows all run on a new and improved engine. Contact workflows have been running on our classic/older system. 

All net new portals have this functionality out of the box but for existing portals we are working to efficiently migrate existing contact workflows to this new engine which would allow you to do things like use personalization tokens when setting property values.

I'd be more than happy to put a request in to open up this functionality for you if you could share your HubID. Alternatively you can reach out to your account manager.

Regards,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
aruizc
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Jack, thanks for the answer. Asking this one year later, have Contact workflows been updated to the new and improved engine?

Regards,

Andrea

0 Upvotes
jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @rbharris1,

Thank you for your post. The reason you are seeing a difference in functionality between a Contact workflow and a Deal workflow is because Company/Deal/Ticket/Quote workflows all run on a new and improved engine. Contact workflows have been running on our classic/older system. 

All net new portals have this functionality out of the box but for existing portals we are working to efficiently migrate existing contact workflows to this new engine which would allow you to do things like use personalization tokens when setting property values.

I'd be more than happy to put a request in to open up this functionality for you if you could share your HubID. Alternatively you can reach out to your account manager.

Regards,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn