CRM

JMckenzie4
メンバー

Contact Search for Company Name doesn't show all contacts

解決

I've noticed that when I search for a Comapny Name in the contact list it doesn't show all contacts. In my example I have a Company with 4 contacts. When I search for the company name on the contact list I only see 1 contact. 

0 いいね!
2件の承認済みベストアンサー
franksteiner79
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

Hi @JMckenzie4 

Could you share some screenshots of how you search, the contacts and company records in question?

This might be something simple as an existing contact view filter being applied or something to do with associations.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project

元の投稿で解決策を見る

karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @JMckenzie4,

Unintuitive as it may seem, the HubSpot search does not support a contact search for company name (neither the contact property for Company name, nor the name of the associated company record): https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/search-within-your-hubspot-account#crm

According to the documentatoin, whatever the search is pulling, it's not the company name directly. It's finding some contacts based on notes, email subjects, associated tasks etc.

If you have access to workflows, you could theoretically create a new custom property for company name, make this property searchable and use a workflow to copy the name of the associated company into this field. (I agree, it shouldn't be that complicated.)

A generally better option for more reliable search is the filter option on index pages:

karstenkoehler_0-1669354915283.png

When the sidebar opens, search for 'company. Depending on whether you want the name of the associated record (Associated Company) or the contact property (Company name), click whichever suits. Type the company name and apply the filter.

If this is what you already did, make sure that there aren't any other filters active. These should show up once you click All filters and can then be removed.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

2件の返信
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @JMckenzie4,

Unintuitive as it may seem, the HubSpot search does not support a contact search for company name (neither the contact property for Company name, nor the name of the associated company record): https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/search-within-your-hubspot-account#crm

According to the documentatoin, whatever the search is pulling, it's not the company name directly. It's finding some contacts based on notes, email subjects, associated tasks etc.

If you have access to workflows, you could theoretically create a new custom property for company name, make this property searchable and use a workflow to copy the name of the associated company into this field. (I agree, it shouldn't be that complicated.)

A generally better option for more reliable search is the filter option on index pages:

karstenkoehler_0-1669354915283.png

When the sidebar opens, search for 'company. Depending on whether you want the name of the associated record (Associated Company) or the contact property (Company name), click whichever suits. Type the company name and apply the filter.

If this is what you already did, make sure that there aren't any other filters active. These should show up once you click All filters and can then be removed.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

franksteiner79
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

Hi @JMckenzie4 

Could you share some screenshots of how you search, the contacts and company records in question?

This might be something simple as an existing contact view filter being applied or something to do with associations.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project