Contact Pipeline, effectively

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to move over to hubspot, but can't figure how to map our existing structure, and maybe its just a language issue.

I see there's a pipeline where deals can move through stages. Our process is a little different. We're starting with a single deal, and need to move contacts through different stages of that deal.

In other words, we start with, say, 100 prospects for a particular deal. We'll contact, we'll send material, we'll have calls, and prospects will fall out along the way, until we're ultimately left with 1 match. When the next deal comes around, we'll again start with 100 prospects (some old, some new) and start all over.

Is there some way to capture both the stage a contact is in for a particular deal, and to maintain a history of other deals the contact has participated in? Hope that makes sense.

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Regular Contributor | Gold Partner

Im kind of following...

A couple of things to understand: If the contacts are grouped together and have to be tied together, the pipleine wont make a lot of sense. If each contact can generate a individual deal the pipeline will work well. For example a group tour in a travel industry: Each traveler will need a deal created around a product of "Group vacation to Ireland". 

You can create enrollment crtieria for each stage of the deal that by using a multi selct option to show that this contact has been contacted but not sent material and so on for every contact.

Its hard to visualize this within the pipeline though as you need to login into each deal to see this info.

You could also just create stages (contacted, sent mail, meeting, closed won, closed lost) and 100 different deals move those deals through the pipeline as those criteria are meant. Then you would add another 100 deals to the pipeline and move them thorugh accordingly. 

This would be more visually appealing and easier to report on.

I hope that made sense. Also feel free to provide context to the actual product or service that might help too.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

This is great context. Thanks. I think the 100 deals is the way to go...looks like I can bulk create deals...but there's no way to connect to a company automatically? That's going to get cumbersome quickly.

More specifically, we're business brokers. We have a pool of investors. When we get a new business deal, we add a subset of those investors as prospects for the deal. We move through the processa nd remove investors from the deal as they drop out. DOes that help?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted

Hubspot has alot of automations built into it recoginizing domains and creating companies is one of them. Hubspot is very contact driven, everything falls into place from the contact level, companies, deals, and tickets reside within contacts. (this has changed over time but for the system to work well follow the contact first approach) For example if you have a contact, the email of that contact will create a company automatically. From there you can create tickets and deals and tie back to contact that ties back to company. 

In your scenario if your business deals are quick (6 months and under) I would create a new pipeline for each sales and move your investors through each pipeline or business deal. You can create up to 20 pipelines at a time. That is possible in Enterprise Sales and PRO. Then your contacts could have multiple deals. 

If you need more than 20 pipelines or 20 businesses being sold at a time. Have 1 pipeline and create a deal property called "Business Name Deal" = (whatevery biz is being sold) and assign the contacts to deals and tag them with the "business name deal". You'll have to use filtering at a high level in that case but doable. 

That should help more. 

Occasional Contributor

Ok, me again. I've kinda got it working by importing a spreadsheet with the deals I need to create, assoicated with a contact....but deals associated with a contact are NOT also associated with that contact's company??? So it looks like I either have to do a second update import with some convoluted logic after also exporting the existing deal/contact/company id's to get them to cross-link, or I have to go in an manually update every company to account for their respective deals.

This seems unnecessary complicated and unsustainable...am I missing something here? Appreciate any insights.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted

Go to settings and "contacts and companies". From there go the companies tab. There is a setting called "automatically create and associate companies with contacts".  Make sure that is turned on.  If a contact has a company name domain you'll get a company creation.