CRM

ekramer
Participant

Contact Owner Auto Assigned

SOLVE

Hi there,

Currently, unassigned contacts are being autoassigned to an owner if a sales person emails the contact. Is there a way to adjust this setting? We have an automatic email that gets sent out with a meeting link encourging contacts to schedule a meeting. This email comes from a support member and not a sales person. This leads to confusion on who is  responsible for that contact and has resulted in business being lost.

1 Accepted solution
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hello,

You can create a default user to assign all unassigned leads to. So create a HubSpot user called "Default" and if someone doesn't need to be assigned to a specific person -  assign their contact owner to "Default". This should help it from overriding. 

You can also change the "from" in that email. You can have it come from "so and so" or "XYZ support team" and then change the reply address to their contact owner. 

Also, HubSpot allows you to create custom HubSpot Users. This way, you can have a user for both the sales and support members helping with that account if you want. 

Does anything above help solve your issue?

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
PBerckmans1
Participant

SOLVE

Hello,

Piggybacking on this one. Would it be possible to force one contact owner to choose a different contact owner when creating a contact? So that the field contact owner does not stay on the creator. Thanks in advance. 

0 Upvotes
RFTV
Participant

SOLVE

Im new to CRM.

In my layperson mind I think contact owner is the owner of the business I want to contact
But it comes up automatically as me as contact owner 
Am I the owner of the client contact?
Thanks

0 Upvotes
StefaniUAT
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hello @RFTV,

Yes, most HubSpot users assign a Contact Owner which is the internal owner responsible for the contact. A contact owner can be autoassigned in many different ways, as seen and can be adjusted, here

Best,
Stefani Johnson
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hello,

You can create a default user to assign all unassigned leads to. So create a HubSpot user called "Default" and if someone doesn't need to be assigned to a specific person -  assign their contact owner to "Default". This should help it from overriding. 

You can also change the "from" in that email. You can have it come from "so and so" or "XYZ support team" and then change the reply address to their contact owner. 

Also, HubSpot allows you to create custom HubSpot Users. This way, you can have a user for both the sales and support members helping with that account if you want. 

Does anything above help solve your issue?

Best,
Stefani Johnson
PBarik
Participant

SOLVE

Can I assigna group for this, and whenever a contact is generated, random users from the group will be assigned to it?

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @PBarik,

Thanks for reaching out!

The Contact assignation is based on the contact owner property. You can only assign one user to this property (not a team).

However, if you assign a contact to a member of a team (more on teams here), the "HubSpot team" property will fill automatically with the name of the user's team. You can learn more how to assign records in this help article here.  

Hope that helps!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !