CRM

KSE12
Participant

Contact Create Date is after Page View date

SOLVE

I'm noticing a few contact created dates are after page view dates.  Is HubSpot able to link back via IP address to when a customer view web pages but did not fill out a form in order to create a contact?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KSE12,

This likely has to do with the way tracking works. When a person visits your website and accepts cookies, some of them include a timestamp. However, HubSpot is not able to associate this information with a contact until a form is submitted which is when the contact will be created – resulting in a page view before the record create date.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
KSE12
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KSE12,

This likely has to do with the way tracking works. When a person visits your website and accepts cookies, some of them include a timestamp. However, HubSpot is not able to associate this information with a contact until a form is submitted which is when the contact will be created – resulting in a page view before the record create date.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.