CRM

SteveMatlick
Colaborador

Contact 'Became a' dates - copy to Company

resolver

Hi,

I was in the process of building out workflows that would copy a 'Became a' date from an associated contact to a custom Company property if it is unknown at the company level.  This would allow us to capture at the company level WHEN the company became a lead, MQL, SQL, etc.   However, I ran into the 'can't copy from a datetime field to a date field' issue when building out the workflow (the custom company properties are date picker fields since that's all you can set them as via the UI).

Are there any workarounds to this?  This is critical to us for reporting purposes (we need an exportable solution as well as something within HubSpot).

Thanks in advance!

Steve

1 Soluciones aceptada
Phil_Vallender
Solución
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @SteveMatlick 

Indeed. You don't need to copy the proprty if you simply trigger the workflow on the date the property is set and then set the new property to the current date. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

5 Respuestas 5
Phil_Vallender

resolver

Hi @SteveMatlick 

You should be able to achieve the deisred out come using the 'set a company property' action to 'set a date stamp' to the current date. 

Checking if the property is unknown is a good way to prevent the 'became a' date from updating with each new contact. I do this using the company lifecycle stage itself, which I have mapped to the associated contacts. 

Hope this helps.

amanda-robo
Participante

resolver

What should we do about this if we want to copy the backlog of this from contacts that have the date known to companies where it is unknown? Woud it just have to be either a manual process or an excel/sheets project then?

0 Me gusta
SteveMatlick
Colaborador

resolver

Hi @Phil_Vallender 

The problem is that , when creating the action in the workflow, the custom company property I created isn't an option as a target property because it's a date picker property and the source contact property is a date/time property.  

HubSpot seems to confirm that the roadblock I'm encountering is correct:

"In order to copy a date property value to another date property, the two date property types must match, or the source property must be a date picker property and the target property must be a datetime property. It is not possible to copy datetime property values to date picker properties, because the date picker properties can't store the timestamp."

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/compatible-source-and-target-properties-for-copying-property...

I was hoping there was something I'm either missing or a workaround.  And thanks for confirming the 'Is Unknown' piece of this!

Phil_Vallender
Solución

resolver

Hi @SteveMatlick 

Indeed. You don't need to copy the proprty if you simply trigger the workflow on the date the property is set and then set the new property to the current date. 

SteveMatlick
Colaborador

resolver

I forgot about that - brilliant!  

Thanks again!

0 Me gusta