CRM

KBond
Teilnehmer/-in

Cons to deleting all contacts and starting over?

lösung

We recently began cleaning up and pulling in contacts from a separate CRM system. Our older contacts in HubSpot are outdated. Manually updating the contact list would take longer than I'm willing or able to spend, so I'm thinking about deleting all the contacts in HubSpot and just importing new data from the CRM. 

My fear is that:

1 - I'll lose historical data that I need to reference

2 - it could affect the CRM we pull from (I think the HS data should not be affected within our CRM, but I want to verify)

3 - it will skew all my carefully created reporting in an unexpected way

Has anyone else done this? Was there a negative or unexpected result?

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
bradmin
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

Hi, @KBond. You'll want to review the section on deleting contacts from the Contacts user guide. There are a lot of reasons to not delete, especially as you'd lose any of the analytics associated with those contacts. Old form conversions and the like would be gone forever, even if you were to recreate the records from your CRM. Your reporting, as well as any active integrations, will be impacted, as well. 

This is less costly if you have unengaged records you're looking to delete, but if there are records which are even slightly meaningful to your organization, it is strongly recommended to not delete. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten
boblodie
Mitglied

lösung

I would like to do the same.  How do I delete an entire contact file???

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Vordenker/-in

lösung

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDid my post help answer your query?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: Cons to deleting all contacts and starting over?

Short A: Just like things around the house, somehow you don't need them until after you throw them away. (head shaking)

Longer A:

You can always hire guys to clean-up your stuff. Depending on the size of your portal (i.e., # of contacts), it may be well worth the cost to have someone take a look. If not, then the question becomes, "why use HubSpot if your data is worthless?"

Just a thought.

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

Please tag @MFrankJohnson if you'd like me to respond.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
bradmin
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

Hi, @KBond. You'll want to review the section on deleting contacts from the Contacts user guide. There are a lot of reasons to not delete, especially as you'd lose any of the analytics associated with those contacts. Old form conversions and the like would be gone forever, even if you were to recreate the records from your CRM. Your reporting, as well as any active integrations, will be impacted, as well. 

This is less costly if you have unengaged records you're looking to delete, but if there are records which are even slightly meaningful to your organization, it is strongly recommended to not delete. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.