CRM

dansaal
参加者

Connecting email introductions from a 3rd party to a specific contact in HubSpot CRM

解決

Okay, so I am just starting to use HubSpot CRM and Sales and I'm trying to figure out the best way to track emails to a specific contact in HubSpot.

I have my Google Suite account connected to HubSpot and I have read about how to use the forwarding and CCD email address.

Here's the situaution, I am starting a relationship with certain contacts by being introduced to those contacts from a 3rd party. So, I receive an email from the 3rd party who introduces me to the contact I want to track in HubSpot and that contact is copied on the email introduction. I want to track this initial email introduction to the contact that I have been introduced to. I thought that I could forward the email to my HubSpot forwarding email but it looks like that will create a contact for the 3rd party who did the introduction. But I don't want that email associated with the 3rd party, I want it associated with the contact that I have been introduced to.

Is there a way to do this?

If not I thought the work around would be to copy the text from the email introduction and paste it into the Notes section of the contact in HubSpot.

Please help.

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
edjusten
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Connecting email introductions from a 3rd party to a specific contact in HubSpot CRM

解決

Hi @dansaal   It's not possible to do what you are describing at this time. If you forward the message with the 3rd party attached, it will create a new contact. Your idea about adding a note is solid. I would recommend that for now. 

Ed

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

元の投稿で解決策を見る

3件の返信
Happiness_is_ai
参加者

解決

This works, if the mission is to get the mail into a specific account. The only drawback is that for an outsider, it might look like the email is coming from someone else, while we know it doesn't.

0 いいね!
edjusten
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hi @dansaal   It's not possible to do what you are describing at this time. If you forward the message with the 3rd party attached, it will create a new contact. Your idea about adding a note is solid. I would recommend that for now. 

Ed

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
dansaal
参加者

解決

I figured out the best workaround that will do what I want to do.

• I go to the email introduction where the 3rd party person introduced me and cc'd the contact that  want to add to HubSpot CRM.
  • I click to forward the email and use the HubSpot Forward email in my account.
  • In the header of the original email from the 3rd party it shows who sent it and who it was cc'd to. I cut the email address from the "to" field, delete the "from" email, and then paste the "to" email in the "from" field.
  • Now the original email header looks like it came from the person I was introduced to and the person that I want to add to HubSpot CRM. The "from" field is blank so it won't add the 3rd party to HubSpot CRM.
  • HubSpot CRM creates a new contact for the person I was introduced to and the email introduciton shows up in the notes are of my contact.
  • It looks like the email came from the contact when it actually came from the 3rd party who introduced me but if I read the text in the email then I can see who it was that introduced me by the fact that they have their name in the salutation of the original email.

This is a little tedious but it works for what I need. Now I have the text from the original email for the introduction to my new lead in HubSpot and I can reference it when I follow up with the new lead.