CRM

dansaal
Participant

Connecting email introductions from a 3rd party to a specific contact in HubSpot CRM

Résolue

Okay, so I am just starting to use HubSpot CRM and Sales and I'm trying to figure out the best way to track emails to a specific contact in HubSpot.

I have my Google Suite account connected to HubSpot and I have read about how to use the forwarding and CCD email address.

Here's the situaution, I am starting a relationship with certain contacts by being introduced to those contacts from a 3rd party. So, I receive an email from the 3rd party who introduces me to the contact I want to track in HubSpot and that contact is copied on the email introduction. I want to track this initial email introduction to the contact that I have been introduced to. I thought that I could forward the email to my HubSpot forwarding email but it looks like that will create a contact for the 3rd party who did the introduction. But I don't want that email associated with the 3rd party, I want it associated with the contact that I have been introduced to.

Is there a way to do this?

If not I thought the work around would be to copy the text from the email introduction and paste it into the Notes section of the contact in HubSpot.

Please help.

1 Solution acceptée
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Connecting email introductions from a 3rd party to a specific contact in HubSpot CRM

Résolue

Hi @dansaal   It's not possible to do what you are describing at this time. If you forward the message with the 3rd party attached, it will create a new contact. Your idea about adding a note is solid. I would recommend that for now. 

Ed

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

3 Réponses
Happiness_is_ai
Participant

Résolue

This works, if the mission is to get the mail into a specific account. The only drawback is that for an outsider, it might look like the email is coming from someone else, while we know it doesn't.

0 Votes
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi @dansaal   It's not possible to do what you are describing at this time. If you forward the message with the 3rd party attached, it will create a new contact. Your idea about adding a note is solid. I would recommend that for now. 

Ed

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
dansaal
Participant

Résolue

I figured out the best workaround that will do what I want to do.

• I go to the email introduction where the 3rd party person introduced me and cc'd the contact that  want to add to HubSpot CRM.
  • I click to forward the email and use the HubSpot Forward email in my account.
  • In the header of the original email from the 3rd party it shows who sent it and who it was cc'd to. I cut the email address from the "to" field, delete the "from" email, and then paste the "to" email in the "from" field.
  • Now the original email header looks like it came from the person I was introduced to and the person that I want to add to HubSpot CRM. The "from" field is blank so it won't add the 3rd party to HubSpot CRM.
  • HubSpot CRM creates a new contact for the person I was introduced to and the email introduciton shows up in the notes are of my contact.
  • It looks like the email came from the contact when it actually came from the 3rd party who introduced me but if I read the text in the email then I can see who it was that introduced me by the fact that they have their name in the salutation of the original email.

This is a little tedious but it works for what I need. Now I have the text from the original email for the introduction to my new lead in HubSpot and I can reference it when I follow up with the new lead.