CRM

ChrisTaylor
Participant

Connecting a Contact field to a Company field

SOLVE

We have a field with each Contact that is for their company. I just added that field as a custom field for the Company listings. Is there any way to connect the field and value in Contacts over to that Company listing without having to manually do it?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @ChrisTaylor,

There is no way to link a contact field to a company field. However there is a way to copy all existing values in that contact field (if it is a dropdown) so you do not have to go through the process of re-adding every single option. The process looks like this:

1) Create a custom dropdown property on the Company object and select "load options"

step 1.png

2) Choose to "copy from property"

step 2.png

3) Select the Contact property you wish to copy values from:

step 3.png

The example above is using a "Country" field which could contain 100s of options. However in theory the process is the same regardless.

There is more information in this post I replied to yesterday if that helps to provide more context: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Creating-country-as-a-deal-property/m-p/302611#M116789

Happy to answer any questions you might have!

Best,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
ConnorSlivensky
Key Advisor | Elite Partner
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

You could set up a workflow for if a contact's company is known but their "company name" property isn't to copy the first value into the second property or vice versa. 

0 Upvotes
jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @ChrisTaylor,

There is no way to link a contact field to a company field. However there is a way to copy all existing values in that contact field (if it is a dropdown) so you do not have to go through the process of re-adding every single option. The process looks like this:

1) Create a custom dropdown property on the Company object and select "load options"

step 1.png

2) Choose to "copy from property"

step 2.png

3) Select the Contact property you wish to copy values from:

step 3.png

The example above is using a "Country" field which could contain 100s of options. However in theory the process is the same regardless.

There is more information in this post I replied to yesterday if that helps to provide more context: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Creating-country-as-a-deal-property/m-p/302611#M116789

Happy to answer any questions you might have!

Best,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn
ChrisTaylor
Participant

SOLVE

Excellent, thanks!

0 Upvotes