CRM

DPreston

Connecting Hubspot to Mailbox Power (Bannerseason) through Zapier

I have integrated Hubspot with Mailbox Power (Bannerseason) through Zapier.  When I enter a new contact in Hubspot, it is creating a new contact in Mailbox Power, but I'm getting numerous error messages from Zapier. The error messages say that I've left out some information (mostly Last Name) that I haven't. I've been through the issue with Zapier and the integration is working from their end but they recommended talking to Hubspot about why it's throwing these error messages.

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DPreston,

Welcome to the Community! 

Glad to have a look at this matter with you, it would be great if you could share some additional information: 

• What is your goal with the Mailbox Power Zap? Which information (contact properties) are you trying to send betwenn HubSpot and Mailbox Power?
  • What are you using Mailbox Power for? 
  • Could you share screenshots of the error messages you're getting?

The more information you can share, the better we'll be able to help you identify where the breakdown is between these apps. 

Thanks, 

Mia

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

DPreston

Hi Mia,

Thank you for responding.

My goal is to add a contact into Mailbox Power (bannerseason) when I enter them into Hubspot.

First Name, Last Name, Address, Job Title, Birth Month, Birth Day, Email, Phone Number, Country, and Company Name.

Screenshot 2021-05-07 15.58.04.pngScreenshot 2021-05-07 16.00.03.png

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the provided information and the screenshots @DPreston!

I tested the HubSpot trigger in the Zapier integration on my side and it successfully pulled all the selected contact properties into the zap: 

Screenshot 2021-05-11 at 13.41.26.png

Have you tested the trigger when you were creating the zap? Were you able to see all the requested contact properties? 

It would be great if you could perform this step again. I would also recommend reinstalling Zapier before testing the trigger. You can uninstall the app in your HubSpot settings: 

Screenshot 2021-05-11 at 13.48.25.png

Thanks,

Mia

Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

DPreston

Hi Mia,

Thanks for your reply. I haven't responded because I got sick.

I did as you suggested and reinstalled Zapier and redid the whole process. I tested the trigger and everything worked fine.  A couple of days later I got multiple emails about an error "Required field "Street Address" (street) is missing.".  The Street Address was inserted into Mailbox Power so I don't understand why I'm getting error messages.

The following screenshots show the error message, the Zap being ok, and the required field of Street Address is configured correctly.

I'm getting very frustrated with this!

Screenshot 2021-07-01 02.17.42.pngScreenshot 2021-07-01 02.20.38.pngScreenshot 2021-07-01 02.21.22.png

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DPreston

I'm glad you're feeling better. 

Zapier will be a better point of contact to dig deeper into that error message, because they've developed this integration, but I was able to find this explanation in their troubleshooting documentation (point 2), which might apply: 

"Sometimes, when a Zap runs, you’ll still see an error message that a required field is missing, even though you’ve already inserted a value for that field.

If this is the case, it’s possible that the value you selected from the trigger or previous action step isn't being consistently passed on by the app. That means that, sometimes, when the Zap runs, the required field would be blank.

This can happen if the value from the trigger or previous action step is optional. One way around this is to double-check that the value you’ve selected will consistently be sent by the app. Ideally, the value will be a required field that will always get sent by the app."

There are 2 ways to make a contact property a required field when contacts are created in HubSpot: via a required field in a contact form or marking a contact property as mandatory during manual creation. The latter is only available in Professional and Enterprise versions of the software.

I hope this helps! 

Mia

0 Upvotes