CRM

Sit-a-Bit

Connecting Contacts and Companies

Hi,

Searched a bunch of posts but none seem to answer the specific question I have. Hope someone can help. Why does it seem that sometimes HubSpot doesn't connect a company to a contact? 

It seems to happen randomly and I can't figure out why. I've tried multiple ways: 

1. Create new company w/ all details. once created, I create new contacts from Company record.

2. Create new contact then associate with new or existing Company record

even creating a contact for an existing company doesn't seem to link them.

After creating a new contact (in either scenario above) I go to my contact list and the contact is listed but the company column is blank. Within the Company record the contacts are listed but in the Contact view list there is no company attached. 

If there is a fix, how do I go back to the above contacts and attach the company (even though in the company record they are listed as part of the company? Is there some property on the contact record (like company) I need to add/select when creating a contact? 

Am I doing something wrong? 

Thanks for the help.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Sit-a-Bit

Never mind I think I figured it out. The "Company" column in the contact list is a text property on the contact record that I fill in manually. If this is right no need to reply. If not please reply. 

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing @Sit-a-Bit 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes