CRM

djkiddvicious
Participant

Connected inbox email automatically assign owner for inbound messages

SOLVE

Would really like inbound emails sent to our connected inbox to be automatically assigned to a specific user or team for the contact owner similar to how ownership can be assigned for completed forms.

We now have 2 connected inboxes, one for our main company doing B2B and for a child company now utilizing Hubspot doing B2C.

As our main company provides wholesale services we use owenrship to segregate our marketing lists so anyone emailing the secondary inbox should automatically be assigned to the designated user/team.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @djkiddvicious,

Correct, you wouldn't be able to distinguish these contacts, their Original source drill-down 2 is addMessageUser. At the moment, there doesn't seem to be a solution for your query.

You can make a suggestion for better filtering options in the HubSpot Ideas section: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas The product team reviews these suggestions.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @djkiddvicious,

Correct, you wouldn't be able to distinguish these contacts, their Original source drill-down 2 is addMessageUser. At the moment, there doesn't seem to be a solution for your query.

You can make a suggestion for better filtering options in the HubSpot Ideas section: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas The product team reviews these suggestions.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
djkiddvicious
Participant

SOLVE

I appreciate the help, we almost had it! Lol, I did submit an idea so hopefully a solution pops up soon.

0 Upvotes
djkiddvicious
Participant

SOLVE

That almost works. We have 2 connected inboxes, one for our B2B and one for our child B2C company. I don't have anything I can set the enrollment trigger to within the contact that distinuishes between emails sent from the different emails that connect to each inbox.

Essentially, I would need Original source drill-down 1 or 2 to also contain soemthing designating [B2C connected email] then this workflow would work but there are no Hubspot defualt properties that provide this that I'm aware of.

Trying to avoid having any of our B2B customers getting added to the B2C marketing lists and vice versa.

0 Upvotes
databro13
Participant

SOLVE

You can try with Integromat (or any other tools that’s  allows to work with Hubspot API) and custom API request as it shows where inbound email was sent to

databro13_0-1619542182168.png

Hope this help

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @djkiddvicious,

If you want to assign all contacts created from conversations to specific contact owners, you would do that with a workflow. You'd enroll all contacts of a certain source (probably "Original source drill-down 1 is any of CONVERSATIONS"). You can then add a workflow action to assign all of these contacts to a specific user or to rotate these contacts among the users of a team.

You might want to add an additional enrollment criteria such as "Contact owner is unknown" to make sure that already assigned contacts are not overwritten.

I'd also recommend testing the workflow criteria to see whether it's picking up the right contacts.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @djkiddvicious,

You can automatically assign conversations to specific team members. Navigate to your Settings > Conversations > Inboxes. (Or Settings > Tools > Inbox > Inboxes in the new Settings beta.)

Under Connected Channels, you should be able to hover over the listed items and an Edit button should appear. When you click it, you should see this. In my example, I have a form connected to this inbox:

inbox.png

This is where you can automatically assign conversations to specific team members.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

djkiddvicious
Participant

SOLVE

Yup, we already have that in place and that works for emails being sent to contacts but we need new contacts that are being created from sending emails into our connected inboxes automatically assigned to specific users which does not occur until you manually assign them or send a reply back from the connected inbox.

0 Upvotes