CRM

caiodamasceno
Participant

Connect different kind of funnel

SOLVE

Hi community,

In my company we have 3 kinds of funnels, SDR, Sales and Customer Success funnels. 

I want to know with I can connect the funnels and automate the transition of the deals. 

For example: I have a stage on SDR funnel that is "qualified", when the deal go to that stage it automatically create or go to sales funnel in the "Discovery" stage. 

Is that possible? 

1 Accepted solution
kcooper
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hmmmm...

There isn't any workflow to support your request at this time (which the community manager pointed out in his reply already)...so automating it is relegated to Zapier.

Now, you can set up a Zap that creates a new deal and can copy properties from one deal to another, and associate the same contacts. This is a bit more robust than HubSpot's Create a Deal workflow options, and what I would recommend if you HAVE to automate something. 

If you don't, don't. The above way creates a new deal, and it won't carry over the notes that you have posted to the deal timeline. 

IDK what your internal processes are for SDR to Rep handoff, so I can't make any suggestions on how to build in the pipeline transfer so that it is integrated into that process. 

I am assuming that there is a reason why you have two separate funnels instead of having the SDR manage the first stages in one funnel and the Rep take over for the later stages...but that would be the best way to "automate" it. The first 3 (or whatever) stages are SDR stages, and instead of them moving it to a "Qualified" stage, they move it to the "Discovery" stage and change the HubSpot owner to the Rep. It is still mostly manual, but does cut out the action of changing the deal from one pipeline to another, and from an SDR stage to a Rep stage. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
kcooper
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hmmmm...

There isn't any workflow to support your request at this time (which the community manager pointed out in his reply already)...so automating it is relegated to Zapier.

Now, you can set up a Zap that creates a new deal and can copy properties from one deal to another, and associate the same contacts. This is a bit more robust than HubSpot's Create a Deal workflow options, and what I would recommend if you HAVE to automate something. 

If you don't, don't. The above way creates a new deal, and it won't carry over the notes that you have posted to the deal timeline. 

IDK what your internal processes are for SDR to Rep handoff, so I can't make any suggestions on how to build in the pipeline transfer so that it is integrated into that process. 

I am assuming that there is a reason why you have two separate funnels instead of having the SDR manage the first stages in one funnel and the Rep take over for the later stages...but that would be the best way to "automate" it. The first 3 (or whatever) stages are SDR stages, and instead of them moving it to a "Qualified" stage, they move it to the "Discovery" stage and change the HubSpot owner to the Rep. It is still mostly manual, but does cut out the action of changing the deal from one pipeline to another, and from an SDR stage to a Rep stage. 

caiodamasceno
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for your help.

I think the best way in this case is to use the same funnel for the SDR and Closers. 

I will see with my colleagues. 

Thanks.

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

HI @caiodamasceno

Currently there is no way to automatically move deals between pipelines. You can do it in bulk on the deal table view, or on the individual deal level by selecting a new pipeline. 

I want to pull in a few other Community members who have dealt with deal organization in the past. @diller & @kcooper do you have any tips for how to organize deals when using multiple pipelines in HubSpot? 

Thanks, 
Jenny

DaviCamas
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda@diller and @kcooper

I would like to connect the SDR, Sales and CS pipelines too.  

Nowadays the workflows have an option to change the pipeline of the Deal. However, after I change the deal to another pipeline the Funnel of the SDR pipeline doesn't show the conversation correctly because the deal isn't in this pipeline anymore.

Have any way to solve this? Maybe with a Funnel with 2 pipelines OR the possibility to duplicate a deal to have one in the SDR pipeline and another in Sales pipeline.

I would like to duplicate the Deal because is very important to me the note body associated in those Deals. I couldn't find a way to create a new Deal with the same properties and same note body associating.

Could you help me, please?

Best Regards,

0 Upvotes
oliverlopez
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hey!

I just saw this and also noticed it's an old post. BUT. We have set this up as different pipelines. So the Pipeline automatically then activates a deal in the SDR pipeline and puts a new one in the first phase of the sales funnel for new biz.