CRM

LisaSF
Contributor | Gold Partner

Conditionally allow specific products to be added to deals

Hello 🙂 

I'm looking to be able to only allow specific products to be added to a deal. As a global company, some products are approved for sale in specific regions. The goal I have is to allow, for example, a "france" deal to only allow "france-approved" products to be added as a line item.

I've been looking around and haven't found a great solution to achieve this in HubSpot. Anyone have an idea on how to best achieve this functionality? 

2 Replies 2
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @LisaSF ,

You might have listed your product somewhere on your website where the visitors can buy these products. Right? You can create different pipelines based on the countries where you sell. For eg, France Deal Pipeline, Germany Deal Pipeline. Then create a workflow based on CTA's or page views, that if someone is buying that particular product on your website, a deal will be created in that particular pipeline. 
Let me give you an example, of what we did for our client. He sells his products in three different countries: India/Dubai and the UK. We created three diff pipelines based on these countries and then on the basis of page views, we created a workflow. For eg, if someone is visiting his India website page, and buying a product, on the basis of page view we created a workflow if the page view is 'India', create a deal in the India Sales Pipeline. And we already have created a product library through APIs, that particular line item gets attached to that deal.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
LisaSF

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to support my inquiry!

In this particular case, we don't have products listed on the webiste. The sales process is via phone, and while I believe we might be able to target users via IP to gather their location, the products would vary and likely would need manual input on the individual deals. 

To my knowledge there is no way to "filter" the available products that show up on the "add line item" selector when creating a deal manually, is there?  For example: adding a check box or drop down for approved regions, and then based off the region selected, enable the sales rep(s) to pick from an assortment of products. Either by folder or product property value? 

In my case, the product might be very close to the same, but the material and ingrediant build is different. So "product A1" has been approved for Thailand, but "product A2" has been approved for France. We want the sales reps to only be able to select from the approved products based-off the deals "approved region" and not get confused from the wide assortment of products. 

I'm hoping to have a better solution, either native in HubSpot via workflows or by using API, than simply structuring a stiff naming convention system to shift through.