CRM

SarahN
Contributor

Compare Two "Amount" Fields on Deals

SOLVE

Hi guys! I want to be able to see what the deal is "worth" vs. what the deal was "closed" at. For example... the deal was worth $600 but the rep. closed it at a discounted rate at $500. I want to be able to see the difference and be able to tell how much money we are losing to low-balling. 

Right now, I have created a field that is Original Amount and then the rep. is using Original Amount to reflect the total amount the deal is worth. And the basic Amount field is used to be the amount actually collected. 

Is there an easier way to do this?

I also want to be able to create a report that shows me the Amount Collected vs. the Original Amount, but it wont seem to let me do that. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
kcooper
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

There are actually a couple of different ways you can accomplish what you are looking to do! Some involve HubSpot and some involve the spreadsheet program of your choice (Excel, Google Sheet, Numbers...etc.).

We don't do exactly the same thing as you (value vs actual), but we do break down our closed amount into Licenses and Services with custom amount fields within the deal, so I will be using those in my example...it would work the same way with your fields 🙂

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 9.25.29 AM.png 

You could put together two reports like this, one for Value and one for Actual, and place them side by side on a dashboard. As long as they have the same filters, you will be able to get a quick gut check on performance. -- Visualize it however you like, and if you want to break it up further (closed won month, rep, etc.) you sure can. 

If you want to see something like $difference or %difference...that you are going to have to do in Excel (or Sheets or Numbers or whatever)...and it is also pretty darn easy to do, but involves the extra step of exporting the deals you want to look at and either running a formula or a pivot table to get what you are looking for. This calculation is something that, as of today, you cannot do in HubSpot. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
kcooper
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

There are actually a couple of different ways you can accomplish what you are looking to do! Some involve HubSpot and some involve the spreadsheet program of your choice (Excel, Google Sheet, Numbers...etc.).

We don't do exactly the same thing as you (value vs actual), but we do break down our closed amount into Licenses and Services with custom amount fields within the deal, so I will be using those in my example...it would work the same way with your fields 🙂

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 9.25.29 AM.png 

You could put together two reports like this, one for Value and one for Actual, and place them side by side on a dashboard. As long as they have the same filters, you will be able to get a quick gut check on performance. -- Visualize it however you like, and if you want to break it up further (closed won month, rep, etc.) you sure can. 

If you want to see something like $difference or %difference...that you are going to have to do in Excel (or Sheets or Numbers or whatever)...and it is also pretty darn easy to do, but involves the extra step of exporting the deals you want to look at and either running a formula or a pivot table to get what you are looking for. This calculation is something that, as of today, you cannot do in HubSpot. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

SarahN
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for the help! I didn't even think of just running two separate dashboard widgets and placing them side by side for an overall projection. 

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hmmm, I understand your goal but I'm not sure if this is possible. @kcooper what would you advise?

0 Upvotes