CRM

ClausN

Company name replaced with "LinkedIn"

I just set up a synch between Google Contacts and Hubspot. I have slightly over 10,000 contacts. What happened is that 1,166 contacts had now their real company name replaced (wrongly) with "LinkedIn" as company. All those now lost their real company name, it synched back to Google which synched back to Contact+.  

How could that have happened, how can I avoid that in the future and is there any way to fix it ? Only way I can think of is to delete the synch, then request a roll back from Contact+ to a day earlier, meaning I lose some work but at least not all **bleep** up. 

My suspicion is that it has to do with the way HubSpot creates the associated company field and there is only a one way default synch back from HubSpot to Google, which I can't change. In other cases it seemed to have correctly created the company name and associated multiple contacts with company. It just did go wrong for ca 10% of all my contacts.  But if I can't fix that, I won't be able to synch my contacts or use HubSpot at all. 

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
jeph4e

Same here. Sooooo many messed up companies. No idea how to fix

0 Upvotes
chicagokalo
Contributor

Did anyone come up with a solution to this? I have the exact same issue with the exact same databases (Google Contacts, Contact+ and HubSpot).

0 Upvotes
ClausN

This is really not working for me. Tried another google account. Synching some random 19 contacts. But I think I figured out what goes wrong. It seems that the "associated company" is taking the domain name and replacing the company name with it, creating a really bad record. So a correct company name like "Company Name Pte Ltd" might become "www.companyname.co.sg". Somehow the algorithm trying to guess a correct company name goes totally wrong.  And obviously I can't exclude all those domains, as I have tried (successfully it seems) with Linkedin.com. Unless someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, this whole thing is pretty badly implemented and basically destroys your contact database. Without the rollback feature of Contact+ my original contact database would be pretty **bleep** up. But this must be a common problem, it can't just be me. 

0 Upvotes
ClausN

I rolled back the Contact+ database, then deleted the HubSpot contacts and companies, then attempted synch again (after excluding linkedin from the company association list), but now no contacts or companies synch any more at all. What am I doing wrong ? 

0 Upvotes