CRM

ASchipper
Participant

Company duplicates despite company domain name and company ID

SOLVE

Hello,

I've encountered the following issue. Whilst doing an contact and company import HubSpot creates duplicates from the companies.

I know that when you do not add the company domain name and/or company ID that HubSpot will create a duplicate (company). 

But despite the fact that I've added the company domain name and/or company, I still get the company duplicates. After the import has been completed, HubSpot mentiones no duplicates either, whilst there are already company duplicates in the system. 

How can I solve this issue?

Best,

Aron Schipper

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ASchipper,

Record ID and Company ID are synonymous – but yes, not two company record with the same ID should exist.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ASchipper,

Happy to help here.

It's unlikely that this is happening with the record ID. Could you confirm this is actually occurring and find two company records with the same record ID?

For company domain name, I could imagine that these were created with slightly different URL formatting. Could you find two duplicates and share what the exact company domain names are?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ASchipper
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Thanks for the quick reply! 

We didn't work with record ID but with Company ID. That is not the same if I'm not mistaken. 

But if I understand you correctly, if we work only with Company ID, this could technically not happen? 

Best,

Aron 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ASchipper,

Record ID and Company ID are synonymous – but yes, not two company record with the same ID should exist.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

AWalker6

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

We are finding many duplicate companies with the exact same domain formatting, for example: www.hsbc.com creates a new company page every time they enquire.

Is there any solution to preventing duplicates based on domain?

Thank you

0 Upvotes