CRM

IanB1
Participant

Company doesn't always display in Contacts View?

SOLVE

I have got Contacts with associated Companies.

In the Contacts view, I have added a 'Company' column.

Some of my Contacts correctly display their associated Company, but others do not.

The ones that do not do seem to have a company name correctly filled in under their profile so I don't understand why it doesn't display in the main 'Show All Contacts' view.  I can't really see a difference between the ones display correctly and the ones that don't.

However I must admit I don't think I found any field under the Contact's detail that was really obviously intended for the inputting of that Contact person's Company name...

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @IanB1

Sounds like you are looking at a company, rather than a contact. The fields you mention belong to the company object. 

Try switching to an individual contact and see if you get the results you are looking for.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @IanB1

When HubSpot automatically associates a contact with a company, the company name is put in the Associated Company field - have you tried adding that column to your view? 

Company Name is a manual contact property which needs to be populated either by the contact via or form or by us via workflow.

Hope that helps.

AaltaYarn

SOLVE

My issue is with my contacts, I have a field called Mobile phone number on the website version. The App doesn't show this field. Many times, I find myself at an appointment and my contact has forgotten. I open the app (no wifi available) stream data, and don't see the property.....??? Can you help

0 Upvotes
IanB1
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Phil

Ok got it finally, thanks for your perserverence!

Now I'm pondering - which field makes more sense to use?  As the 'Associated Company' is auto-populated that one would make sense, and I hate doubling up on things which I would be doing if I then manually also type in a 'Company Name'

However it looks like the 'Associated Company' isn't always right ie often seems to be the website URL. I can edit it I guess, but....

....I notice one of my Contacts has no 'Associated Company' so for that one Contact - and any similar I add in future, I am going to have to use the 'Company Name' field - so in reality I have to use both fields concurrently, does that seem right to you?

0 Upvotes
IanB1
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Phil

The column in my Contacts view is called "Company" not "Associated Company" if that's what you mean?

There doesn't seem to be anywhere within the Contact view to edit the Company, and I guess the ones that ARE showing could well be the 'Associated Company' field as when I go to Edit the Contact record the screen area which DID display this company name no longer shows it once I'm in Edit mode...

I must have missed something very obvious as surely adding a Contact to a Company (or rather seeing a Contact's company name somewhere within their record) should be pretty straightforward?

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @IanB1

To see/edit Company Name in the contact view, I suggest adding it to the About section. 

Click 'View all properties' then, in the window that opens, search for the Company Name property. Hover over it and then click 'Add to About'. Repeat for any others you want. 

You can edit the contents of editable properties directly from the About section or from the View all properties screen. 

It still holds that Company Name is contact property that must be manually (either by form, when creating, or by import) whereas Associated Company is automatically populated by HubSpot when contacts and companies are associated - hence, its possible to have much more info in Associated Company.

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
IanB1
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Phil

Hmm - in my Contact view I don't see any button called 'View all properties' - I can see one called 'View' but in the resulting drop-down there is no option to view 'all properties'

I had a quick look in Settings and couldn't find any 'View all properties' in there either however I can't say it was an exhaustive look! Can you tell me exactly which page I should be on please?

0 Upvotes
IanB1
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Phil

I have now found the area you meant. I have clicked to view 'All Properties'.  However when I search for 'Company Name' via the search box, nothing is found (only Company Domain Name and Parent Company)??

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @IanB1

Sounds like you are looking at a company, rather than a contact. The fields you mention belong to the company object. 

Try switching to an individual contact and see if you get the results you are looking for.