CRM

MarionFrelon
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Company custom property with dropdown select referring to contacts

SOLVE

Hi there

I am looking for a way to create a company custom property with a dropdown select that would allow user to chose automatically from the contacts that belong to the referring company.

Do you know if that is possible in Hubspot?

Thanks 

Marion

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MarionFrelon,

This is unfortunately not possible natively. (There might be ways to accomplish this with custom development.)

I fully agree that this would be useful, but could you explain what you would use this for? Maybe there is a workaround.

Also, if you post this to the HubSpot Ideas section of the community, I would upvote the post. The product team monitors these submissions based on popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MarionFrelon,

It's somewhat of a weird workaround, but have you considered pinning a note to the top of the company record that features the name of this person and a link to their contact record?

It wouldn't be of use in workflows and reporting. If however you're merely looking for a way to make this information visible, this might do.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MarionFrelon,

It's somewhat of a weird workaround, but have you considered pinning a note to the top of the company record that features the name of this person and a link to their contact record?

It wouldn't be of use in workflows and reporting. If however you're merely looking for a way to make this information visible, this might do.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

MarionFrelon
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

Hi

thanks again for your solutions, that might be indeed more useful than the property we created with single line text.

Thank you again for your help and time

Kind regards

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MarionFrelon,

This is unfortunately not possible natively. (There might be ways to accomplish this with custom development.)

I fully agree that this would be useful, but could you explain what you would use this for? Maybe there is a workaround.

Also, if you post this to the HubSpot Ideas section of the community, I would upvote the post. The product team monitors these submissions based on popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

MarionFrelon
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

Hi Karsten 

thanks for prompt reply. I was unfortunately kind of expecting this but still checking. I will definetely post it to Ideas section.

My customer actually wants to create a custom property to appoint a specific contact belonging to one company as "member representative" which is an important information to display in their process. Nothing to do with job position, this can vary form one company to another and so far, the only solution is to actually create this property with text line that we manually fill in with the name of the contact but not linked to the contact page though which would be useful.

Kind regards

0 Upvotes