CRM

jules77

Company and Contacts not associating after uploads

SOLVE

Just curious if this is a known issue?  Do I need to upload company's first and then the contacts for it to work?  Is this something hubspot could fix?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

@jules77,

Typically for bulk uploads I would upload contacts and allow the system to create the companies. It creates and associates contacts to companies by email address. Do you have email addresses for most of your contacts and are they mostly domain based email addresses or are they free email address accounts?

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @jules77. To make company-contact association work, there's a setting in the product you need to enable first. Based on what you've described, that may not be currently enabled in your portal. Enabling the setting will associate any contacts and companies whose email domain matches automatically, without further action from you. 

If that setting is enabled, but no company records exist (or, none with matching domains exist) in your portal, then you'll need those in order to complete the associations. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @jules77. To make company-contact association work, there's a setting in the product you need to enable first. Based on what you've described, that may not be currently enabled in your portal. Enabling the setting will associate any contacts and companies whose email domain matches automatically, without further action from you. 

If that setting is enabled, but no company records exist (or, none with matching domains exist) in your portal, then you'll need those in order to complete the associations. 

rfindery

SOLVE

I've tried everything. Enabling the association setting, uploading via contacts, company, changing the column name, and nothing works to associate imported company with the contacts. Someone please help me with this. josh@rfindery.com

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@rfindery, start by exporting all companies with their email domains. It's possible that the companies you have in the product don't have any domains defined on them; without those, you won't be able to create the association, no matter what you do. Ensure all companies have the desired domain. Once they do, any edits of a contact's domain to match the company's domain does the contact-company association (assuming the setting is enabled).

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

@jules77,

Typically for bulk uploads I would upload contacts and allow the system to create the companies. It creates and associates contacts to companies by email address. Do you have email addresses for most of your contacts and are they mostly domain based email addresses or are they free email address accounts?

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
JLucido

SOLVE

I am having a similar issue. 

When I am on the company page in hubspot, I can see the associated contacts. When i select the "emails' tab, while I am still on the company page, not all emails between me and the contact shows up. 

When I go to the contacts page, in hubspot, I can see all the emails back and forth. This is happening for a few of my companies / clients. 

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JLucido  hope you are doing well!

Since this is an old thread, I encourage you to create a new conversation, this way more users will be able to see it. Please make sure to add context, screenshots, and all the details you can.

Best,
Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes