CRM

MattWolmanCPS

Company State/Region Filter has no options

SOLVE

When I try to filter my companies by State/Region, there are no options available to select. I add the State/Region filter, click the radio button that says "contains exactly" but when I'm offered the dropdown with options, there are no options and I get the red circle with a line.

The majority of our companies have a value in the State/Region field, so why are those values not populating into the dropdown for me to select?

1 Accepted solution
MattWolmanCPS
Solution

SOLVE

HubSpot support provided me the answer. There are some fields where you have to type in the options you want to filter by, rather than select from a menu of options. As far as I can understand, any field that is fundamentally related to HubSpot itself (Company owner being a list of profiles in a HubSpot account, or HubSpot team) will populate a list of items to select. If a field is something that is related to companies or contacts in general (State/Region, Postal Code, Company Name, etc.), you need to type in the values into the "Add options" box manually. The options themselves will never save, but you can save the entire filter to have it preset and ready for use next time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
MattWolmanCPS
Solution

SOLVE

HubSpot support provided me the answer. There are some fields where you have to type in the options you want to filter by, rather than select from a menu of options. As far as I can understand, any field that is fundamentally related to HubSpot itself (Company owner being a list of profiles in a HubSpot account, or HubSpot team) will populate a list of items to select. If a field is something that is related to companies or contacts in general (State/Region, Postal Code, Company Name, etc.), you need to type in the values into the "Add options" box manually. The options themselves will never save, but you can save the entire filter to have it preset and ready for use next time.

keshukeshvala
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for sharing details it has solved my doubt and help me to use state/region filter to assign to the team.

You said we can also save those data so next time we can get them can you please tell me how can I save the state/region in the company's filter? so next time when I want to apply filter by "California"  I do not need to type but I get it from the list? 

Please take note - I am already saving state/region while creating the company. 

Thank you

0 Upvotes