CRM

LLampe
Participant

Company Records (Recently Migrated from Salesforce to HubSpot)

SOLVE

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago we did a migration from salesforce to hubspot. We have noticed that for some companies there are different company record, with different deals/contacts added to the record. We want al the deals/contact record from a company, in one company record. What is the best way to make this happen?

2 Accepted solutions
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @LLampe, check out this Knowledge Base article from HubSpot, notably:

You will not have the option to merge company records if your account is integrated with Salesforce. To clean up duplicate records in HubSpot while the integration is installed, you can delete the extra duplicate companies in HubSpot using the duplicates management tool. Ensure that you keep the company in HubSpot that syncs to the primary account in Salesforce. If you have duplicate companies syncing from Salesforce, you can either merge the accounts or delete the extra duplicate accounts in Salesforce.

The Deal merges and following sections should also help you out with merging your deals.

Hope this helps!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

LaurenRyan
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

One other solution is using Insycle to bulk deduplicate/merge records when integrated with Salesforce. We cover this in Module 5 of our HubSpot Salesforce integration course!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
jolle

SOLVE

Hey @LLampe, thanks for reaching out! I'm not sure how you handled your migration or what your settings are currently, so there are a few reasons why you may be seeing data differently in HubSpot than it appeared in Salesforce. If you haven't already, definitely check out this Knowledge Base article from HubSpot on importing records.

First up, HubSpot deduplicates company records by Company domain name (i.e., hubspot.com). If you imported multiple instances of the same company but didn't bring in the company domain name (or a matching one), then HubSpot would have created a separate company record for each instance of that company. For example, if you had each contact in a separate spreadsheet row and three contacts who were supposed to be associated with a single company, HubSpot would create those three contacts and associate them with three separate company records if there was no included company domain name.

Next up, HubSpot doesn't deduplicate deal records unless you use the deal ID assigned in HubSpot or your own unique identifier (which usually needs to be set in your spreadsheet manually). This is another instance where HubSpot will create a separate deal for each row.

HubSpot also gives you the option to automtically create and associate company records with contact records (more info in this Knowledge Base article). If HubSpot sees a contact whose email domain doesn't match an existing company record's company domain name, it will automatically create a new company record and associate it with that contact. Make sure that you have this toggled off for now to avoid any additional duplication as you're getting everything cleaned up.

I'm not sure how your CRM looks right now, but I would either:

1. Delete all imported records and start clean. You can properly format your spreadsheets and break them up into multiple imports (like contacts & companies, contacts & deals, and companies & deals) to ensure that all records are associated correctly
  2. Or manually merge duplicates. This could be an undertaking depending on how much data you have, but you can manually review all of your records and merge/reassociate them as needed (more info in this HubSpot Knowledge Base article).

Hope this helps! Best of luck to you with the cleanup!!

Jacob Olle

LLampe
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Jacob,

Thankyou for your response. Merging was also the best solution I came up with. The problem with merging is that is says it is not possible, due to the Salesforce integration, wich we are currently not using. So that is the part that I don't understand. Is there an explenation why I possibly cannot merge deals? 

I look forward hearing from you again!

jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @LLampe, check out this Knowledge Base article from HubSpot, notably:

You will not have the option to merge company records if your account is integrated with Salesforce. To clean up duplicate records in HubSpot while the integration is installed, you can delete the extra duplicate companies in HubSpot using the duplicates management tool. Ensure that you keep the company in HubSpot that syncs to the primary account in Salesforce. If you have duplicate companies syncing from Salesforce, you can either merge the accounts or delete the extra duplicate accounts in Salesforce.

The Deal merges and following sections should also help you out with merging your deals.

Hope this helps!

Jacob Olle

LaurenRyan
Solution

SOLVE

One other solution is using Insycle to bulk deduplicate/merge records when integrated with Salesforce. We cover this in Module 5 of our HubSpot Salesforce integration course!