CRM

Notatechie

Company Properties Should be allowed in Contacts view

SOLVE

When logged into CRM, you have the drop downs at the very top. 

When you click Contacts->contacts, it brings you to a list of all contacts.

From here, you can click "edit columns" in the right hand side of the screen and choose what you want your contact dashboard view to be: how many columns, which ones, etc

Unfortunately I cannot add a column that I want to see because it only exists in the "companies" dashboard view. 

How can I get a property that is only available for companies into my contacts view? 

I want to specifically see the "most recent invoice date" while I am trying in the contacts dashboard and I don't want to have 2 tabs open (one with contacts and one with companies) to figure this all out.

I feel this should be simple but I can't seem to figure out how to see both at the same time. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @Notatechie,

This is unfortunately not possible at this stage. However, other users have requested this before: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Pull-company-fields-into-contact-list-columns/idi-p/4...

These requests submitted to the HubSpot Ideas section of the community are reviewed by the HubSpot product team, based on their popularity and the assumed demand. I'd recommend commenting and upvoting.

You can also help other HubSpot users find this request more easily (and drive traction) by accepting my reply as a solution. I'd appreciate it, too.

As far as workarounds in the meantime go, here are similar features that might help you achieve your goal:

• When exporting a list, you can include company properties:
    karstenkoehler_0-1708492480537.png
  • If you have access to workflows, you can copy crucial information from the company to the contact object.
  • In contact lists, you can also filter for company properties:
    karstenkoehler_1-1708492540595.png

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @Notatechie,

This is unfortunately not possible at this stage. However, other users have requested this before: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Pull-company-fields-into-contact-list-columns/idi-p/4...

These requests submitted to the HubSpot Ideas section of the community are reviewed by the HubSpot product team, based on their popularity and the assumed demand. I'd recommend commenting and upvoting.

You can also help other HubSpot users find this request more easily (and drive traction) by accepting my reply as a solution. I'd appreciate it, too.

As far as workarounds in the meantime go, here are similar features that might help you achieve your goal:

• When exporting a list, you can include company properties:
    karstenkoehler_0-1708492480537.png
  • If you have access to workflows, you can copy crucial information from the company to the contact object.
  • In contact lists, you can also filter for company properties:
    karstenkoehler_1-1708492540595.png

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Jigar_Thakker
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@Notatechie 

In that case, what you can do is create a view of all those contacts.

In your HubSpot account navigate contacts and click lists in the dropdown menu to create a new contact-based list

In the filter section select the company as the main object: 

Jigar_Thakker_0-1708489179156.png

then in the company properties select your property "most recent invoice date" All the contacts associated with that company with come into the list and save the list 

Up next create a view in your contacts dashboard by selecting your filters from the lists that I suggested to create save the view and you will be able to see the data in the contacts dashboard only 

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Jigar Thakkar

Chief Business Officer

HubSpot Wizard | Community Champion

mobilePhone
+91 9082479770
emailAddress
jigar@insidea.com
website
www.insidea.com
0 Upvotes
DSharma02
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Notatechie , 
You cannot have a company property on the contact dashboard or any other object properties. What you can do is create a custome contact property and fill in the data. With workflows you could have that sync automatically but with your starter pack, you have to provide the values manually.

Hope this helps!
Thanks