Company Ownership

SOLVE
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello! I have contacts already in my HubSpot. The owner is unassigned. I will be importing the Companies and matching them with the Contacts. Do my Companies have to have an owner? What's the benefit of Comapny Ownership? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Community Superstar

No HubSpot objects "have to have an owner". However, one benefit of assigning company owners is it affords you the option of auto-assigning all associated contacts the same owner via a built-in HubSpot setting.

This can be particularly useful in an account-based marketing context where some organizations like all contacts that are associated with a target account to be similarly owned. Does that make sense?

Note: HubSpot is a constantly evolving platform. Please check the date of each post and view all solutions in that context.

-- Visit

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

Support • Web • Apps • Training

HubSpot's Hiring World-Wide!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted
Solution
Community Superstar

No HubSpot objects "have to have an owner". However, one benefit of assigning company owners is it affords you the option of auto-assigning all associated contacts the same owner via a built-in HubSpot setting.

This can be particularly useful in an account-based marketing context where some organizations like all contacts that are associated with a target account to be similarly owned. Does that make sense?

Note: HubSpot is a constantly evolving platform. Please check the date of each post and view all solutions in that context.

-- Visit

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

Support • Web • Apps • Training

HubSpot's Hiring World-Wide!

View solution in original post