CRM

kstevens
Member | Platinum Partner
Member | Platinum Partner

Company Ownership

SOLVE

Hello! I have contacts already in my HubSpot. The owner is unassigned. I will be importing the Companies and matching them with the Contacts. Do my Companies have to have an owner? What's the benefit of Comapny Ownership? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Company Ownership

SOLVE

No HubSpot objects "have to have an owner". However, one benefit of assigning company owners is it affords you the option of auto-assigning all associated contacts the same owner via a built-in HubSpot setting.

This can be particularly useful in an account-based marketing context where some organizations like all contacts that are associated with a target account to be similarly owned. Does that make sense?

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Company Ownership

SOLVE

No HubSpot objects "have to have an owner". However, one benefit of assigning company owners is it affords you the option of auto-assigning all associated contacts the same owner via a built-in HubSpot setting.

This can be particularly useful in an account-based marketing context where some organizations like all contacts that are associated with a target account to be similarly owned. Does that make sense?

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com