CRM

SCVOSA
Participant

Company Functionality

SOLVE

Hello, 

We are considering creating a company in order to group employees from different organizations who will be involved in the same project and need to receive the same communication. Our goal is also to centralize tracking the communications for this project so that employees only have to look in one place to stay updated. My questions: 

1. Am I correct that if we e-mail the company, that one e-mail will be sent to each associated contact? Will that e-mail also show on each contact's timeline? 

2. From what I've read there is no central way to delete e-mails but if we deleted e-mails sent to the Company, would that also remove those e-mail from each contact's timeline? 

Thanks so much! 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Company Functionality

SOLVE

Before we get to your specific questions ...

- see Emailing from Companies and Deals in HubSpot CRM -- Feb 9th, 2017

HubSpot email may only be sent TO CONTACTS -- with certain exceptions (e.g., internal messages sent to specific email addresses via workflows). There is no way to send email TO companies or deals in HubSpot (or other CRMs we know of) -- not how email works.

That being said, we may send email to contacts FROM company or deal records in HubSpot. When sending FROM a company or deal in HubSpot we are required to select one or more contacts.
- see image

Sending HubSpot email FROM a Company in HubSpotSending HubSpot email FROM a Company in HubSpot

>>"Am I correct that if we e-mail the company, that one e-mail will be sent to each associated contact?"
No.

>>"Will that e-mail also show on each contact's timeline?"
All emails sent to contacts in HubSpot are shown on the contact's timeline.

>>"From what I've read there is no central way to delete e-mails but if we deleted e-mails sent to the Company, would that also remove those e-mail from each contact's timeline?"
N/A. Email can't be sent TO a company.

That being said, deleting an email from a HubSpot company record will delete that email from the recipient contact's timeline.

Workarounds

CC'ing each recipient on your project list may be the best solution so that each contact record (and associated company record) in HubSpot is updated.

You might consider setting up an email GROUP in your email client for your specific project. However, this isn't HubSpot-related functionality, and it will not necessarily solve for your use case because HubSpot will see the 'group' email address as a single contact in the CRM. (not ideal)

Finally, your best option may be to use a proper project management system to manage project communications. Most major project management platforms allow forwarding of email communications to specific email addresses. In this case you'd bcc each project email to your HubSpot bcc email address and HubSpot will log the email to each recipient's contact record (or create a new contact record as needed if none exists).

- see Log email in your CRM with the BCC or forwarding address

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Company Functionality

SOLVE

Before we get to your specific questions ...

- see Emailing from Companies and Deals in HubSpot CRM -- Feb 9th, 2017

HubSpot email may only be sent TO CONTACTS -- with certain exceptions (e.g., internal messages sent to specific email addresses via workflows). There is no way to send email TO companies or deals in HubSpot (or other CRMs we know of) -- not how email works.

That being said, we may send email to contacts FROM company or deal records in HubSpot. When sending FROM a company or deal in HubSpot we are required to select one or more contacts.
- see image

Sending HubSpot email FROM a Company in HubSpotSending HubSpot email FROM a Company in HubSpot

>>"Am I correct that if we e-mail the company, that one e-mail will be sent to each associated contact?"
No.

>>"Will that e-mail also show on each contact's timeline?"
All emails sent to contacts in HubSpot are shown on the contact's timeline.

>>"From what I've read there is no central way to delete e-mails but if we deleted e-mails sent to the Company, would that also remove those e-mail from each contact's timeline?"
N/A. Email can't be sent TO a company.

That being said, deleting an email from a HubSpot company record will delete that email from the recipient contact's timeline.

Workarounds

CC'ing each recipient on your project list may be the best solution so that each contact record (and associated company record) in HubSpot is updated.

You might consider setting up an email GROUP in your email client for your specific project. However, this isn't HubSpot-related functionality, and it will not necessarily solve for your use case because HubSpot will see the 'group' email address as a single contact in the CRM. (not ideal)

Finally, your best option may be to use a proper project management system to manage project communications. Most major project management platforms allow forwarding of email communications to specific email addresses. In this case you'd bcc each project email to your HubSpot bcc email address and HubSpot will log the email to each recipient's contact record (or create a new contact record as needed if none exists).

- see Log email in your CRM with the BCC or forwarding address

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
SCVOSA
Participant

Company Functionality

SOLVE

Thanks very much, Frank! I think I assumed you could e-mail a company because there is an e-mail button associated with the company (I'm waiting on the e-mail integration so I couldn't proceed any further than that to test it). I'll give one of your suggestions a try though. 

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Company Functionality

SOLVE

The first time I saw the email button inside of a company record I thought the exact same thing. I feel sooo much better now. 🙂

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes