CRM

KElsworth

Company Email Issue

Hi, I am a newish user.  I have created a few companies and added a custom field  to show the email.   However, when I click the email icon, it starts an email but the to field is blank.  Any idea what I have missed here? thanks

2 Replies 2
Bruno_Teixeira
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Company Email Issue

Hello @KElsworth ,

The email is not a default property on the company object. So if you created a custom email property, you might populate it in order to have any data. One way of doing it, is by creating for example a workflow that copies the email from your associated contact into your company email property.

However, when you click on the email button on the company object, Hubspot will identify your associated contact to send an email to. So in this case, if you're clicking on the email button and no email is appearing, it's probably because you do not have any contact associated to that specific company.

Bruno Teixeira

RevOps Manager

Cérès Growth Marketing

Hubspot Diamond Partner

bruno@ceres.agency
www.ceres.agency
linkedin
Contact us
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Company Email Issue

Hi @KElsworth 

Emails can only be sent to contacts, so a company record has to have at least one contact associated with it for the create email function to automatically populate the two field. Creating an email in a compny with no associated contacts creates a blank email as you have seen - typing in the 'to' box will search the contacts in your portal. A custom company property containing an email address can not be used for sending emails. 

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency