CRM

Blythe
Participante

Companies...what's the point?

resolver

Does anybody else feel that having Companies is a bit of a waste? I never use Companies and focus on my contacts rather, ensuring they are up to date.

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Solução aceitas
MFrankJohnson
Solução
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

Me: Hi Sally. This is Frank from XYZ Inbound.

Sally: Hi Frank. How may I help you?

Me: Bob and I worked on a HubSpot project for _company-name_ earlier this year, but we've lost contact since he changed jobs. I noticed that he cc'ed you on a project email he sent me, so I'm reaching out to see if you'd be the best contact person since he no longer works there.
Do you handle HubSpot for _company-name_ now?

Sally: Sure Frank. I'm sooo glad you called. It's totally awesome that you used HubSpot's COMPANIES feature to identify me as a contact at _company-name_. Let's setup time to discuss our next HubSpot project.

Me: [ quietly doing secret HubSpot happy dance in the background while she's talking! 🙂 ]

Moral to this story?

HubSpot Companies associate contacts who have a _company-domain_ in common. In a B2B world especially, the buying process typically involves multiple persons. Knowing who these people are and where they fit into the purchase process gives us greater insight and access to help their organization.

Even in a strictly B2C environment, we typically store other businesses in our CRM -- e.g., vendors, partners, affiliates, etc.. We often have business contacts that work for the same company.

Companies, a waste? We vote NO!

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Exibir solução no post original

gelflex-cc
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

@Blythe If you are a B2C then usually companies are not your focus. In A B2B the company is critical.

Thought- How can you turn that extra piece of data into a win?  

If you have a tracking cookie on your website you might get a prospect list with companies rather than people. We are always looking for leads, why not take the HubSpot insights to see what you can learn about the company and possibly more about your prospect and how to move this to more sales. 

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
gelflex-cc
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

@Blythe If you are a B2C then usually companies are not your focus. In A B2B the company is critical.

Thought- How can you turn that extra piece of data into a win?  

If you have a tracking cookie on your website you might get a prospect list with companies rather than people. We are always looking for leads, why not take the HubSpot insights to see what you can learn about the company and possibly more about your prospect and how to move this to more sales. 

MFrankJohnson
Solução
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

Me: Hi Sally. This is Frank from XYZ Inbound.

Sally: Hi Frank. How may I help you?

Me: Bob and I worked on a HubSpot project for _company-name_ earlier this year, but we've lost contact since he changed jobs. I noticed that he cc'ed you on a project email he sent me, so I'm reaching out to see if you'd be the best contact person since he no longer works there.
Do you handle HubSpot for _company-name_ now?

Sally: Sure Frank. I'm sooo glad you called. It's totally awesome that you used HubSpot's COMPANIES feature to identify me as a contact at _company-name_. Let's setup time to discuss our next HubSpot project.

Me: [ quietly doing secret HubSpot happy dance in the background while she's talking! 🙂 ]

Moral to this story?

HubSpot Companies associate contacts who have a _company-domain_ in common. In a B2B world especially, the buying process typically involves multiple persons. Knowing who these people are and where they fit into the purchase process gives us greater insight and access to help their organization.

Even in a strictly B2C environment, we typically store other businesses in our CRM -- e.g., vendors, partners, affiliates, etc.. We often have business contacts that work for the same company.

Companies, a waste? We vote NO!

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com