CRM

SylwiaG
Participant

Companies that have ever had unassigned/ unknown owners

SOLVE

Hi!

I would like to create a simple report with the list of companies that have ever had an unknown owner. I can choose the owners including them/ excluding them, but I don't see such a simple choice to see all the companies with unassigned owner. I know it is possible to see those records from company tab, but I want to create a report based off these conditions.

Any help would be appreciated

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SylwiaG,

Could you share more context, why would you like to see these contacts?

If this was possible, this would very likely return all contacts in your portal. Even if only briefly, at the moment of creation, most contacts will not have had an owner - the only exception potentially being manually created records that have the owner added in the record create form.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SylwiaG,

Correct, a 'Last owner change date', updated by workflow, would be the best option here. I'm not aware of any better ways to accomplish this with the native HubSpot tools.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SylwiaG,

Could you share more context, why would you like to see these contacts?

If this was possible, this would very likely return all contacts in your portal. Even if only briefly, at the moment of creation, most contacts will not have had an owner - the only exception potentially being manually created records that have the owner added in the record create form.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

SylwiaG
Participant

SOLVE

Karsten, thank you for a quick reply!

You're actually right, it wouldn't make sense as most of the companies will be there first without having an owner. 

I have a list of the companies that are unassigned and 'free to take'. Someone can take the company and assign it to themselves. I would like to create a report that would show how many of those companies were taken in x period of time (just to see If there is any 'traffic' on these companies).

Maybe you have any idea If there is a simple solution to it. I could only come up with a workflow that would populate a date in a property whenever this change happen. Then, based on that property I would create a report.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SylwiaG,

Correct, a 'Last owner change date', updated by workflow, would be the best option here. I'm not aware of any better ways to accomplish this with the native HubSpot tools.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler