CRM

airwolfke
Contributor

Collect data from postmail & voicemail responses

I'm looking for an integretation of a local number into HS.

I know HS has the ability to get a HS number, but not in my country Belgium unfortunantly.

My goal:

1) I need to send letter by mail to over 1000 people where I need to get the contactdetails from (email and telephone number). I already have their name and mailaddress.

2) On the letter I would like to mention their unique HS "Record ID" and a link to a HS form where they need to enter their "record id" as a requirement so this can be linked to my HS data/contactperson. 

My question: is this a correct way to perform this? Will the data be able to merge based on their record id?

3) People who don't have email/internet. I would like to give them the possibility to call in to a local number where they will get a voicemail. On the voicemail they can leave their name, address and record id. A feature to transcribe their message (Dutch) would be great. I notice that Google Voice offers this possibility also in Dutch. So it would mean that I would need to get into Google Voice, and manually copy the data from Google Voice into HS. In my opinion there is no other way then doing this one by one manually or is there?

4) For later stage/support fase. Once their phonenumber is linked into HS. I was wondering is it possible to have new voicemail messages into HS? I don't believe their is an integration between HS and Google Voice, or are there better ways to do this?

Is there a possiblity to setup a voicemail in HS for incoming calls?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @airwolfke, thank you for posting in our Community!

I want to invite our top experts to this conversation @Phil_Vallender @Mike_Eastwood @Jake_Lett  any recommendations to @airwolfke questions?

About the voicemail, at the moment the voicemail feature for inbound calls is in Beta. Can you check if your portal has it by navigating to the phone icon in the top right navigation?

If your portal does have it already, then you will need to navigate to Settings>Calling>call configurations

This Knowledge Base section here explains how the voicemail feature works and how to access them.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

airwolfke
Contributor

Dear PamCotton,

thanks for your reply, I'm unable to have a HS number since my country (Belgium) is not supported. So I guess that a voicemail system is also not supported then.

Meanwhile I focused on the integration of Aircall, for now it's looking promising.

Leaves me to one question:

- creating a form where I want to add a field for the value "record ID". So in my HS I will have the name and address and a HS record ID will thus be assigned. How can I make sure when somebody enters his data that this is update in HS and doesn't create a new contact/lead?

I noticed that "record id" isn't a field that is available in forms.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @airwolfke thank you for the update!

I would highly recommend adding the contact property "email" in the forms, this way it will update the contact instead of creating a new one. This is a unique property.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

airwolfke
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. for sure this will be added to the form but it won't be available when sending out the letters, so a new contact will be made.

My request is to give the possibility to not only focus on emailbased contacts but also based on the record id.

0 Upvotes
airwolfke
Contributor

Anyone that can help?

For your extra information, the internal ID I want to add to the form is the field:

hs_object_id

The unique ID for this record. This value is automatically set by HubSpot and may not be modified.

I don't have the ability to add it in the form. Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

If I'm not able to add this field the form field submission won't be added to the contact that is in my HS account.

For about 1000-1500 where I need to send a letter to this is a game changer if possible!

Thanks

0 Upvotes
airwolfke
Contributor

Ok, I guess using the Record ID in a form is too dangerous for HS to might mess it up once a incorrect record id is filled in.

I found a solution that kind a solves my problem with a few extra steps.

The closest solution I can come up with is:

1) send a letter to contact by postmail with their unique HS Record ID mentioned with the invitation to go to a form to enter their phone number.

2) create an extra form field where the contact can enter their record ID mentioned in the letter. This would need to be a manuel created field since the Record ID from HS can't be added.

3) a new contact will created in HS once a form has been submitted with a new record id.

4) export all contacts and their details that have been submitted by the form in a XLSX

5) edit in the spreadsheet: overwrite their new assigned record id by the manuel filled in record id that matches in HS.

6) import spreadsheet and update the information of the contact

7) delete all contacts that were created by the form

I guess this is the best way to go, If you have other ideas, please let me know!

Thanks

0 Upvotes