Closed Won Reason - Won't let me change to Drop down select

SOLVE
Top Contributor

I changed my closed lost reason to a dropdown select and wanted to do the same for the closed won reason. when I try to change it to a dropdown select it doesn't let me. I've added a screen shot here. It says "Property Options can't be blank. Add conetnt to lable and value or remove this option to save"

Any one know what that means?

Screenshot 1.PNG

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Top Advisor

Hi, @HubSpotMaster. You should be able to accomplish this - however, you won't be able to change a property to a dropdown without at least one picklist option set up. Even entering a value like "Placeholder" temporarily is fine, but it won't save the data type change without at least one label-value pair at the bottom of the screen. 

0 Upvotes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Top Advisor

Hi, @HubSpotMaster. You should be able to accomplish this - however, you won't be able to change a property to a dropdown without at least one picklist option set up. Even entering a value like "Placeholder" temporarily is fine, but it won't save the data type change without at least one label-value pair at the bottom of the screen. 

0 Upvotes
Top Contributor

Thanks @bradmin . When I changed the property there was a row above my options that wasn't visible. When I hovered over it I noticed I could click and delete. That was causing the issue. 

Top Advisor

Ah, okay. Makes sense. 

Not sure how many existing contacts have a value in that property, but you may want to do an export-then-update-then-reimport job on any contacts who had a free text value, if you haven't already.