CRM

trangnguyen
Participant

Closed Lost Reason - Other plus validation

SOLVE

Is there a way to add a validation rule for "Closed Lost Reason" if a rep selects "Other:" as an option and force them to input a reason why? 

For example, we would like to add a selection of "Other:" in the drop down and then have reps fill in the reason if it doens't fit with any of the pre- selections. Would I need to add another field for this as a single line text? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @trangnguyen,

It's not possible to set up dependent fields in the CRM, unfortunately. However, other users have requested this in the HubSpot Ideas section and it's already being reviewed by the HubSpot product team: Field dependencies for Contact Properties 

For workarounds (until this feature is released), you can work with required properties for deal stages. This is a Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise feature.

This will only give you one level, not dependent fields. For example, if one property is set to "Competitor", it's not possible to require the user to select the competitor from another property. I'd recommend making the first Closed lost reason property required and intuitively naming the options, for example "Competitor (please specify in 'Competitor' field)". Not ideal, I know, but the closest we can currently get. It would rely on the good will of the user.

(With deal-based workflows, you could also remind users with an internal email notification that they forgot to fill a certain property. Let me know if you need help setting this up.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @trangnguyen,

It's not possible to set up dependent fields in the CRM, unfortunately. However, other users have requested this in the HubSpot Ideas section and it's already being reviewed by the HubSpot product team: Field dependencies for Contact Properties 

For workarounds (until this feature is released), you can work with required properties for deal stages. This is a Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise feature.

This will only give you one level, not dependent fields. For example, if one property is set to "Competitor", it's not possible to require the user to select the competitor from another property. I'd recommend making the first Closed lost reason property required and intuitively naming the options, for example "Competitor (please specify in 'Competitor' field)". Not ideal, I know, but the closest we can currently get. It would rely on the good will of the user.

(With deal-based workflows, you could also remind users with an internal email notification that they forgot to fill a certain property. Let me know if you need help setting this up.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.