Client and Company Address properties

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have imported my client data into Hub Spot and have created new properties for the addresses, starting from "Address 1" through to "Address 6" and then "Postcode" (Zip code in the US).

However, when I add a new contact direct into HubSpot, the address appears with different properties  which seem to be the deafult settings for Hub Spot - i.e. "Address 4", say "City".  

My concern is that if after a few months, I  download all my client data, will there be a problem becuase of  the different properties for  the address. Please advise what I should do.  Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Community Superstar

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting this solution today.

Q: When I add a new contact direct into HubSpot, the address appears with different properties  which seem to be the deafult settings for Hub Spot. Should I use the default HubSpot properties for address?

Short A: Yes. And ...

Longer A:

You should always use the HubSpot default address property for the first (or primary) address -- e.g., Address1 [your word]. This will help reduce future data mismatch.

That being said, HubSpot identifies 'same company' based on email domain address. Contacts with a different email domain address to the one shown for that company in HubSpot may not have their address info auto-populated. However, you may setup a workflow to 'fix' this data inconsistency.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution today.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Hope that helps.

Best,
Frank

MFrankJohnson-dot-com-HubSpot-Community-banner-gif-v20190817

0 Upvotes