CRM

Brianne_K
Participant

Client Data Privacy Assurances

SOLVE

I recently registered to use the free version of hubspot as my company explores CRM options for the longer-term. But before I go any further, I am looking for something in writing that says that hubspot does not sell our data, etc. - not just our own personal data, but our customer contact info.

I have read the privacy policy, security papers,  and documentation on data processsing, and see that Personal Data is mentioned. I guess my point of confusion is - is our client data covered under Personal Data? I read personal data as my own login / company info, location, etc., versus the data we upload to track our clients.

Thank you!

Brianne

2 Accepted solutions
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

source: HubSpot Security & Risk Management Program Overview PDF (p.11)source: HubSpot Security & Risk Management Program Overview PDF (p.11)

- see HubSpot Security & Risk Management Program Overview PDF (p.11)

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Brianne_K,

@MFrankJohnson is correct. Our privacy policy states: 

1. Customer Data

a. Limits on HubSpot. We will not use, or allow anyone else to use, Customer Data to contact any individual or company except as you direct or otherwise permit. We will use Customer Data only in order to provide the Subscription Service and Consulting Services to you and only as permitted by applicable law, this Agreement, and our Product Privacy Policy.

Customer Data means all data you collect via the Subscription Service, not just your personal information :). 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Jenny

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
EFlask

SOLVE

Hello, I was considering to resell and operate the paid version of HubSpot Marketing Automation and CRM to clients back in 2018. I asked one of HubSpot's sales team back in 2018 about whether their internal sales team or product marketing dept used, mined, analyzed, or scraped our marketing agency's data to sell services to our clients when we stopped using paid reseller version of HubSpot. I opted for another CRM following that conversation. Check out Softlicious on your hosting provider -- you might be better off using a self-hosted CRM solution then a cloud hosted one if your data is a competitive advantage to you. This is my opinion.

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

source: HubSpot Security & Risk Management Program Overview PDF (p.11)source: HubSpot Security & Risk Management Program Overview PDF (p.11)

- see HubSpot Security & Risk Management Program Overview PDF (p.11)

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Brianne_K,

@MFrankJohnson is correct. Our privacy policy states: 

1. Customer Data

a. Limits on HubSpot. We will not use, or allow anyone else to use, Customer Data to contact any individual or company except as you direct or otherwise permit. We will use Customer Data only in order to provide the Subscription Service and Consulting Services to you and only as permitted by applicable law, this Agreement, and our Product Privacy Policy.

Customer Data means all data you collect via the Subscription Service, not just your personal information :). 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Jenny

Orca

SOLVE

Hi Jenny,

That is exactly the sort of assurance I was looking for, however I have looked at the privacy policy linked at the base of the main page and I cannot see that section. 

In fact the second paragraph states: "This Privacy Policy does not apply to the data HubSpot processes on behalf of our customers (Customer Data) in our capacity as a processor. "

Can you please clarify where your quoted clause is?  

Thanks,

Chris

0 Upvotes
Brianne_K
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you!