MegHUBSpotter
Participant

Cleaning up multiple similar properties

SOLVE

I've accidentally set up multiple properties with similar meanings ie:

- Spouse/Partner 

as well as:

- Partner First Name & - Partner Last Name

For some contacts I've used the <<spouse/partner>> property and for others I've used the <<Partner First Name>> property.    I'd like to move all the names from <<Spouse/Partner>> and paste them into <<Partner First Name>>

(I have done this in a few areas - the above is just an example)

I also have deal set up for some of those contacts.

Is there a way to do this or do I need to export to CSV, clean up, remove the unwanted properties and then reimport back in?

Will lI loose all the connections to deals and activities/email associated with each contact if I export and then reimport? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MegHUBSpotter 

You could move this data around using workflows if you have access them. 

If not, you will need to export and reimport the data. As long as you chose to export the unique identifiers/dedupe properties for each affected object (email address for contacts, UID for deals) then reimporting will just update the existing records and not affect and assocations between them. 

Read more about deduplication here: Deduplicate contacts, companies, deals, tickets, and products

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @MegHUBSpotter 

You could move this data around using workflows if you have access them. 

If not, you will need to export and reimport the data. As long as you chose to export the unique identifiers/dedupe properties for each affected object (email address for contacts, UID for deals) then reimporting will just update the existing records and not affect and assocations between them. 

Read more about deduplication here: Deduplicate contacts, companies, deals, tickets, and products

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
MegHUBSpotter
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Phil,

Yes, I ended up doing the export and reimport however I mucked up the deals and they dissappeared...  didn't have too many there that I couldn't remmber. 🙂

0 Upvotes