CRM

midboez
Contributor

Churn Report (Date of Last Sale Greater Than X)

SOLVE

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to create a report that can show us our churn rate / highlight companies that have not ordered in X amount of days. I've found some articles "about" churn rate but nothing in regards to using Hubspot to calculate and/or identify churn. 

Ideally, I would like something that shows a list of companies that have not order X days (lets call it 30 days). Most of the business is driven by the customer placing re-orders, so we don't really utilize the "Closed-Lost" fields in our pipeline. 

I'm not sure the best way to go about it, but basically I would need something like if date of last deal is greater than 30 days for a company - then they show up on a report. Alternative option is if the account gets "flagged" in some way, however having a report would be ideal this way our managers can easily reach out to the sales team to see what is going on. 

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @midboez,

You could use the company Recent deal close date as a starting point here. Assuming that you have access to custom reports and workflows, this is how I'd approach this.

First, you'd create a custom company property, Recent deal close date more than 30 days ago. I'd choose the single checkbox type for this property.

Next, you'd create a company-based workflow which flags company records when they're inactive:

karstenkoehler_0-1628827108788.png

Re-enrollment is important here so that the flag can be cleared or re-set.

Next, you could create a company report based on this property. Navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report > Single object > Company. Under Filters in the upper right, choose the timeframe and add an additional filter for Recent deal close date more than 30 days ago is any of Yes. Whatever report you're now creating will only show inactive companies.

From here on you can click into the Visualization tab and choose any visualization that suits you. You could display the Count of companies by Recent deal close date for example as a vertical bar chart. This would show you trends over time. (Make sure to change the Frequency to Weekly or Monthly on the upper right.) Or a simply a table view.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @midboez,

You could use the company Recent deal close date as a starting point here. Assuming that you have access to custom reports and workflows, this is how I'd approach this.

First, you'd create a custom company property, Recent deal close date more than 30 days ago. I'd choose the single checkbox type for this property.

Next, you'd create a company-based workflow which flags company records when they're inactive:

karstenkoehler_0-1628827108788.png

Re-enrollment is important here so that the flag can be cleared or re-set.

Next, you could create a company report based on this property. Navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report > Single object > Company. Under Filters in the upper right, choose the timeframe and add an additional filter for Recent deal close date more than 30 days ago is any of Yes. Whatever report you're now creating will only show inactive companies.

From here on you can click into the Visualization tab and choose any visualization that suits you. You could display the Count of companies by Recent deal close date for example as a vertical bar chart. This would show you trends over time. (Make sure to change the Frequency to Weekly or Monthly on the upper right.) Or a simply a table view.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

midboez
Contributor

SOLVE

I think this would work out, just to confirm since the re-enrollment is turned on does that mean if a company is flagged as "inactive" and then they have a new closed deal assigned to them the flag would be cleared / changed to "active"?  Vice-versa - if an account hits the 30 day mark they would then be marked as "in-active"?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @midboez,

I made a small correction to the re-enrollment triggers – yes, this workflow should "refresh" whenever there is a change to the date property or when the 30 day mark passes.

I'd recommend testing this to make sure that it works as intended. Date property enrollment can be a bit finicky.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

midboez
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks @karstenkoehler , I'm pretty sure this will work out. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes over the next few weeks. 

0 Upvotes