CRM

KevinQ247
Participant

Chat with HubSpot blocking screen

Can the Chat feature of HubSpot PLEASE be converted to a pop-out option or have the ability to move it around without it disappearing or reappearing we jump screens?  Additionally, it ALWAYS consumes the right side of the screen when we need that side to see data, etc.  This means we have to lower the chat window to proceed at times and then maximize it again, frequently.  Any way this could be set to move when/where we need it? 

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @KevinQ247 

Just wanted to confirm if you are referring to HubSpot Support "help" button inside your account or your chat?

If it's your chat you can customize the live chat's appearance, more information here.

If it's the support, currently there is not a way to change the position of our help option, 

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
KevinQ247
Participant

I am not.  I'm referring to the chat window to connect to a chat and once the chat is opened.  It is locked on the right hand side of my monitor and I can't move it.  It consistently gets in the way when I'm trying to navigate in HubSpot, whilst in the chat window.  I have to lower it to access the area behind it nearly every time and often, many times during a single chat session.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @KevinQ247 

Can you please send us a screenshot of this?  The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you,

Pam

0 Upvotes
KevinQ247
Participant

When I have a chat session open (let's pretend that is what is below to the right), I can't see anything behind it. I can't work behind without lowering/minimizing the chat window.  I can't use the master search, settings, anything else that is back there.

KevinQ247_0-1598990047096.png

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @KevinQ247 

Thank you for the screenshot!

This would be an expected behavior while you are chatting with Technical support. 

You can exit or minimize the window if you would like to continue working in. your account,

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Kindly,

Pam

0 Upvotes
KevinQ247
Participant

Or, maybe shift the normal screen to the left where it is adjacent to the chat window so we can see the chat and the HubSpot screens in full (split screen where 3/4 of screen is the HubSpot view and 1/4 to the right is the chat.  Just gets irritating to lower the chat and then work, then bring it back, etc.

0 Upvotes