CRM

MHamad
Participante

Changing "Hubspot Team" property value

resolver

Is it it possible to change the "Hubspot Team" property on certain records to the record owner's non-primary team? It does not appear that I can edit the property value.

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @MHamad,

If the contact access permissions of some users are "Team only", and a contact is owned by user 1 who is both in team A and B – then changing the HubSpot Team will not change who can view the contacts. Both users in team A and B are still in the same team as user 1. Their "Team only" access permissions still hold true, they can still all see the contact.

More on this here: Assign users to additional teams

They'll then be able to access the additional team's records and content with Team only permissions. Additional team members can also access primary team members' owned contacts. 

In other words, even if you were able to change the HubSpot Team, it wouldn't change anything about who can access the contact, as the group of people associated to the owner via a primary and secondary team does not change.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

3 Respostas 3
MHamad
Participante

resolver

Hi @kvlschaefer ,

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately a custom property does not quite acheive what I am looking for since we set user permissions based on their team and we need to make sure that the correct users have access to the record. Also, changing the owner's primary team would incorrectly classify the majority of their records.

Do you have any other recommendations on how to address this use case?

Thanks,

Michelle

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @MHamad,

If the contact access permissions of some users are "Team only", and a contact is owned by user 1 who is both in team A and B – then changing the HubSpot Team will not change who can view the contacts. Both users in team A and B are still in the same team as user 1. Their "Team only" access permissions still hold true, they can still all see the contact.

More on this here: Assign users to additional teams

They'll then be able to access the additional team's records and content with Team only permissions. Additional team members can also access primary team members' owned contacts. 

In other words, even if you were able to change the HubSpot Team, it wouldn't change anything about who can access the contact, as the group of people associated to the owner via a primary and secondary team does not change.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

kvlschaefer
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @MHamad,

Thanks for reaching out! 

It's not possible to edit the HubSpot Team property. The team is a reflection of the owner, to change the team you would need to change the contact owner, or the team the contact owner is on. I would recommend creating a custom property for the non-primary team if you would like to have this data on the contact record. 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Avaliação positiva