CRM

lisat2m
Contributeur de premier rang

Changing a user's name in CRM

Résolue

We have a HubSpot owner (user) that got married and we need to reflect the new last name in HubSpot. Her email won't change because it is firstname@xxxx.com Based on information I've researched, even an administrator can't change a user's name, correct? My question then is if she changes her name will all deals, contact, companies that had her old user name automatically change to her new name? I'm thinking it will since the user is actually based on the email. I'd appreciate help and guidance on this.

In addition, I want to make sure I tell her the correct way to change her name:

Account Menu>Profile & Preferences

Click pencil icon

Make necessary changes and save

0 Votes
2 Solutions acceptées
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi @lisat2m  You are correct on all counts here. Your newly married colleague can change her last name in her user settings. As long as the email remains the same, she will not need to transfer ownership of any companies, deals, or contacts.  The user settings path is correct. 

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi @lisat2m . Correct on all counts. Changing the first or last name of a user does not require a mass shifting of data to the newly named user. If you are changing emails addresses, you would need to go through the whole painful process, but changing a first or last name does not.

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

4 Réponses
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi @lisat2m  You are correct on all counts here. Your newly married colleague can change her last name in her user settings. As long as the email remains the same, she will not need to transfer ownership of any companies, deals, or contacts.  The user settings path is correct. 

Ed 

lisat2m

Résolue

Ed, thanks for the quick reply. So, when she changes her name as I described above - all deals, companies and contacts that reflect her old name (example:) Sue Smith will automatically change to Sue Jones? As administrator, I won't have to do a bulk change and reassign everything to Sue Jones?

Thus, pulling a report, I will be able to filter on new name Sue Jones and see all of her deals, companies, contacts?

0 Votes
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi @lisat2m . Correct on all counts. Changing the first or last name of a user does not require a mass shifting of data to the newly named user. If you are changing emails addresses, you would need to go through the whole painful process, but changing a first or last name does not.

Ed 

lisat2m

Résolue

Great Ed. That's what I thought, but wanted to triple check before I started the process and do any upfront administration before the change.

0 Votes