CRM

pyramidjames
メンバー

Changing a Contact property in Bulk.

解決

Hello, could anybody help?

I would like to chnage a contact property in bulk instead of going in and out of each record, is there a quicker way ?

I was thinking about exporting and re importing but im concerned incase i lose all the notes and activity.

Regards

0 いいね!
2件の承認済みベストアンサー
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @pyramidjames,

You can bulk edit records by following these steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/how-can-i-bulk-edit-contacts-companies-deals-or-tasks

(By the way, if you re-imported contacts, HubSpot would update existing contacts in their place by email address. Let's say you import an Excel file with a column for the email address and one with your update property values, HubSpot would update the value for the contacts associated with those email addresses. All previous activity and other property values would be kept. Only if the email address cannot be found in HubSpot, would a new record be created.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

webdew
解決策
ガイド役 | Diamond Partner
ガイド役 | Diamond Partner

解決

Hi @pyramidjames ,

You can definitely edit the contact property in bulk. Check out this loom video I created for you.
If you are thinking about exporting and then re-importing data, you can do that do. 
While exporting and importing teh data, keep the email tab in the file. An email is the unique identifier for contact in HubSpot. So you can export the contacts with email field and other fields that you want to edit. And the re-import. When you will re-import the edited file, the values for the edited filed will be updated. 
Important: If you will import file w/o email field, the contacts will be duplicated.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
2件の返信
webdew
解決策
ガイド役 | Diamond Partner
ガイド役 | Diamond Partner

解決

Hi @pyramidjames ,

You can definitely edit the contact property in bulk. Check out this loom video I created for you.
If you are thinking about exporting and then re-importing data, you can do that do. 
While exporting and importing teh data, keep the email tab in the file. An email is the unique identifier for contact in HubSpot. So you can export the contacts with email field and other fields that you want to edit. And the re-import. When you will re-import the edited file, the values for the edited filed will be updated. 
Important: If you will import file w/o email field, the contacts will be duplicated.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 いいね!
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @pyramidjames,

You can bulk edit records by following these steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/how-can-i-bulk-edit-contacts-companies-deals-or-tasks

(By the way, if you re-imported contacts, HubSpot would update existing contacts in their place by email address. Let's say you import an Excel file with a column for the email address and one with your update property values, HubSpot would update the value for the contacts associated with those email addresses. All previous activity and other property values would be kept. Only if the email address cannot be found in HubSpot, would a new record be created.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.