CRM

JSavanovic

Changing HubSpot Teams in an existing Deal

SOLVE

Hello,

Some of our users create deals for two different HubSpot Teams. The issue is, once a deal has been created the Team is defaulted to the user's primary. How can we edit the Team to allow for users' deals to be accurately reflected (without creating another deal property)? The inability to edit Teams is very limiting.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

1 Accepted solution
Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hello @JSavanovic - I don't believe there is a work around here because as you point out, the deal owner's primary team defines the default hubspot team property.

I've not come across this issue before of "some of our users create deals for two different Hubspot Teams".  Can you elaborate a bit on team structure and example scenarios where this is required? It may be that a custom team property is the only solution. Or the deal owner needs to be changed to someone who is a primary member of the team that you want to credit with the deal.   

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hello @JSavanovic - I don't believe there is a work around here because as you point out, the deal owner's primary team defines the default hubspot team property.

I've not come across this issue before of "some of our users create deals for two different Hubspot Teams".  Can you elaborate a bit on team structure and example scenarios where this is required? It may be that a custom team property is the only solution. Or the deal owner needs to be changed to someone who is a primary member of the team that you want to credit with the deal.   

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

JSavanovic

SOLVE

Hi @Jonno_Price 

Thanks for getting back to me.

We have some team members who split their time between two different offices, which have separate sales deals. The inability to change the HubSpot team on the deals is affecting how we report our numbers when broken out by team or user. It would be great if there were more customization available so we can reflect these differences.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello, @JSavanovic thank you for the information provided.  I wanted to add here some top experts to share their ideas, @Josh @Jonno_Price @MiguelGalvis any recommendations to @JSavanovic matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !