CRM

HCL
Miembro

Changes to the product property

resolver

I need help with the product property.

To set the context, we have many products which we market through different channels. We have a Hubspot form for each product and each chanel.

For example:

Product A - facebook

Product A - google

Product B - facebook

Product B - google

Our leads are often interested in more than one product.

In the last 2-3 weeks, my team has  that when leads fill out a form, the product section gets updated and overrides any previous products the lead might have previously been interested in.

Another way of looking at it is if a person has shown interest in 2 product, only the most recent is shown on the product property.

Example, if I have two products, product A and product B, and a lead was originally interestted in A, but a month later became interested in B, when I search for all leads that were ever interested in product A, this leads name will not show, and in his product property on product B will be shown.

Previously, a lead's product properly was able to show more than 1 product, so that the lead's name would come up whenever I seach of leads interested in either product A or B.

Has anybody else noticed this change, and what is the expplanation? Does it have anything to dow ith the recent updates to Hubspot?

Thank you for your help

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
MFrankJohnson
Solución
Líder intelectual

resolver

@HCL,

Your single property use case may also benefit from using HubSpot Smart Lists to track interests. By using smart lists with a single contact property you can include contacts who've EVER had a specific interest. (important)
- see image

HubSpot Smart List: Has Ever Been Any Of CriteriaHubSpot Smart List: Has Ever Been Any Of Criteria

There are pros and cons to this approach ...

One pro is that you get to keep using your single contact property. This is particularly useful when using a built-in HubSpot property that does NOT lend itself to modification.

One con is that you cannot easily determine the timeframe when interest was expressed. In other words, you can't easily tell if interest in 'Product A' was expressed BEFORE or AFTER interest in 'Product B'.

Just a thought. Hope it helps.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

#hsc-li-07

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfecting HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

4 Respuestas 4
MFrankJohnson
Solución
Líder intelectual

resolver

@HCL,

Your single property use case may also benefit from using HubSpot Smart Lists to track interests. By using smart lists with a single contact property you can include contacts who've EVER had a specific interest. (important)
- see image

HubSpot Smart List: Has Ever Been Any Of CriteriaHubSpot Smart List: Has Ever Been Any Of Criteria

There are pros and cons to this approach ...

One pro is that you get to keep using your single contact property. This is particularly useful when using a built-in HubSpot property that does NOT lend itself to modification.

One con is that you cannot easily determine the timeframe when interest was expressed. In other words, you can't easily tell if interest in 'Product A' was expressed BEFORE or AFTER interest in 'Product B'.

Just a thought. Hope it helps.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

#hsc-li-07

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfecting HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
HCL
Miembro

resolver

Thanks for your help Frank, however we are oin the free package - this does not let us use the Smart Lists features?

Thanks

Maria

0 Me gusta
HCL
Miembro

resolver

HI

Thank you to your replies.

I am 100% sure that when I first set up the forms I tested them and they were not overriding existing products.

Similarly, when importing bulk leads I was able to assign exising leads a new product by putting a ';' before the product name in the product property column. It took a long time to come up with this workaround - I spoke with lots of Hubspot customer support people who would invariable tell me that it was not possible, before eventualyly I was able to speak with one who had sufficient knowledge to advise of this workaround.

We are on the free subscription level, so I wonder if there have been changes to the level of features available to this group which means that's why products now get overriden?

Thanks

Maria

0 Me gusta
vrneuman
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @HCL,

The property you're working with here sounds like it's of the multiple checkboxes type.  For that property type, it is expected that form submissions will overwrite previous data.  Users in your portal can manually update the property value to add, rather than replace new values, but form submissions will only ever replace older values.  

For example, let's say your multiple checkbox property has A, B, and C as options.  If a contact submitted a form before saying they wanted A, but have now submitted one saying they want B, it is expected that B will be the only value.  They would have to select A and B in the recent form submission to have both show up.  

If they expressed an interest in B to your team outside the form, however, your team could manually edit their product property to reflect both A and B.