CRM

DJones90

Change the length of a task

Is it possible to vary the length (duration) of a task, simple to-do tasks or emails can be set as 15 minute duration but we have some tasks that take a number of hours and would like this to be reflected in the calendar (outlook integration).

When you create a new task and the task window pops up to select, title, queue, priority, reminder etc it would be good to have an option for task length or to have custom type of task.

Does anybody know if this is possible or have any suggested workarounds?

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
PMiddleton

It would be nice to be able to select a variable duration at the point of creating a new task. Yes we can control the default, but If want to add a at a task I want to potentially control the task duration at time of creation.

0 Upvotes
ABloch1

@Jigar_Thakker 

I mean that all tasks are per default 15 minutes in length.

Most of my tasks takes longer and I would love to be able to set a default lenght of tasks, maybe 30 minutes, 45 minutes, 1 hour and so on.

This function is already implemented in the calendar sharring tool for booking meetings.

0 Upvotes
ABloch1

I would also like to know if this i possible!

0 Upvotes
Jigar_Thakker
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Hey @DJones90 

If you've connected your Google or Outlook Calendar to HubSpot, you can sync tasks to appear on your calendar. With this setting turned on, any new task you create in HubSpot will appear as a 15-minute event at the task's due date and time.  The event will also include any associated records and task notes.

Kindly go through this Knowledgebase: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/tasks/sync-tasks-to-your-google-or-outlook-calendar 

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

If my post was helpful in addressing your query, Support the community by indicating it as the solution.

Jigar Thakkar

Chief Business Officer

HubSpot Wizard | Community Champion

mobilePhone
+91 9082479770
emailAddress
jigar@insidea.com
website
www.insidea.com
0 Upvotes
DJones90

Thanks, I understand this, my question is whether it is possible to vary the default 15 minute task duration time as it does not accurately reflect the time it takes to do the majority of tasks.
0 Upvotes
Jigar_Thakker

Hey @ABloch1 

To change the default task length and duration in HubSpot click on the tasks under the sales dropdown and settings icon on the top right and adjust the default duration for each type of task  You can also set a default reminder for tasks that will be sent before the due date: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/tasks/create-tasks 

JigarT_0-1702900684155.png

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

If my post was helpful in addressing your query, Support the community by indicating it as the solution.

Jigar Thakkar

Chief Business Officer

mobilePhone
+91 9082479770
emailAddress
jigar@insidea.com
website
www.insidea.com
0 Upvotes
ABloch1

Hi Jigar.

Thanks, but it doesnt look like there is an option to change the lenght of the task? - Your screenshot only shows a due time?

Jigar_Thakker

@ABloch1 

What do you mean by task length here can you explain in more detail by sharing some screenshots?

Jigar Thakkar

Chief Business Officer

mobilePhone
+91 9082479770
emailAddress
jigar@insidea.com
website
www.insidea.com
0 Upvotes
ABloch1

Hi @Jigar_Thakker - thanks for your reply.

What I mean by task lenght is, the duration of a task. So if I know the task will take me 30 minutes or an hour to do, I would love to be able to create the task as a thing that takes 30 minutes or 1 hour, instead of it always being 15 minutes. 

I am able to "drag" the task in Outlook to fill out more than 15 minutes, but every time I update it through HubSpot, it goes back to beeing 15 minutes long.

If I was able to do so all the tasks I create are a default of 30 minutes as an example, and have a function to be able to make a specific task take 1 hour, 2 hours and so on, that would be amazing.

As in the photo below, if people want to book me for a meeting via your HubSpot tool, they are able to choose a duration.

Duration example.png

I look forward to hearing from you.