CRM

sunshineday

Change the default pipeline when creating new deal?

We have several pipelines for our office. When creating a new deal, can I make it auto-select the one pipeline I work in? Basically, can I change the default pipeline the deals are added to?

I always seem to forget to select the correct pipeline and then have to scramble to find the deal again. 

8 Replies 8
hellokyliep
Contributor

@Bruno_Teixeira This isn't the solution being requested. I can save a view and yes, if I Create Deal from that view, it will default to that one. Where it doesn't default is where it's actually useful: when working within a contact. Is there a way to set the default for deal creation by user?

Bruno_Teixeira
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Hello, it's now possible to do this. Actually each user can have your own pipeline default view. Here are the steps for it :

1. You will want to select the pipeline that we want for the default view from the dropdown at the top.

2. Once that is selected - you will want to press "save view" on the right hand side

3. Once we save and rename the view - you would click on the black arrow from the new tab that was opened and select "pin view" and then "make default view.

That's it. I hope that can helps.

Bruno Teixeira

RevOps Manager

Cérès Growth Marketing

Hubspot Diamond Partner

bruno@ceres.agency
www.ceres.agency
linkedin
Contact us
LLarson
Participant

This wasn't what the Idea was asking for... You've said that users can set their "own pipeline default VIEW," but was asked for was the ability to set a default pipeline... so for instance,  everytime you create a deal, you don't have to select the pipeline but the system remembers your last selection, or there's somewhere to set your preferred pipeline selection.

Cbaker19
Participant

I think it's important to note.  That in order to "pin" a view, then you must have the pipeline viewable in the "table" not on the "board".  I was not seeing the ability to pin the view from the board, but once I switched over to the table then it worked.

Cbaker19_0-1615474280758.png

vrneuman
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @sunshineday ,

Currently, there is not a way to set a default pipeline for deal creation.  I agree that this would be a valuable feature and would recommend upvoting and/or commenting on this idea in our Ideas Forum: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Default-Pipeline/idi-p/11964 to raise its profile.

alexhessler
Participant

I'd like to add to this. When going to deals, it always displays the most recently created sales pipeline. We have a recruiting pipeline and a sales pipeline.  I'd like to somehow manage the default view, or at least have a quick way to goto a specific pipeline. It's extra clicks now and slows down the workflow. 

PStruckmann
Participant

Hi , is there any news on this ? its strange that this isnt available , would save alot of time . as some pipelines w ehave are not for creating new deals or are internal from some integrations . 

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @PStruckmann,

Thanks for the feedback and for reaching out!  

Here are the current options for selecting the default pipeline when creating a new deal: 

If you create Deals from the Deals pipeline (Sales > Deals), the default pipeline during the deal creation will always be the pipeline you are currently creating the deal from. For example, if you are currently working in an Ecommerce pipeline, and you click on Create deal, the deal created will by default shows the Ecommerce pipeline, in the pipeline property. 

You can change the order of the pipeline appearance in your deal pipeline settings (more on this here) by clicking on Actions >> Reorder pipeline > then drag and drop the one you want to see first. 

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 3.40.35 PM.png

This order determines 1) which pipeline automatically opens first when you go to Sales > Deals 2) which pipeline shows first in the drop-down menu when creating deals outside of the deals space (so in the Quote interface for example).

I hope this helps!

Best,
Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes