CRM

ILadurner
Mitglied

Change formatting for export: Multiselection fields

lösung

Hi, dear community,
I have a problem since the last update of Hubspot.

Unfortunately, the code seems to have changed the option of how to separate single values in a multiselection field. Is there a way to select how they are separated in a CSV file?

At the moment they are separated by ";", but I need "||".

Hope there is a solution for this. Unfortunately, I can't change the input from the newsletter system we use.

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @ILadurner,

As far as I know this cannot be changed in HubSpot. For a free workaround, Zapier could be an option: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/integrations/how-to-use-zapier-and-hubspot

You could use Zapier to create rows in a spreadsheet (Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel) whenever a contact in HubSpot is added to a specific list. In that sheet, you'd be able to replace ; with ||. You could then either sync these values in your newsletter software solution or or back in HubSpot (although that would mean that HubSpot will not recognize multiple values anymore).

Would it be an option to submit a request to your newsletter software provider? The || seems an odd choice for a separator, commas and semicolons are much more widely used.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

1 Antwort
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @ILadurner,

As far as I know this cannot be changed in HubSpot. For a free workaround, Zapier could be an option: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/integrations/how-to-use-zapier-and-hubspot

You could use Zapier to create rows in a spreadsheet (Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel) whenever a contact in HubSpot is added to a specific list. In that sheet, you'd be able to replace ; with ||. You could then either sync these values in your newsletter software solution or or back in HubSpot (although that would mean that HubSpot will not recognize multiple values anymore).

Would it be an option to submit a request to your newsletter software provider? The || seems an odd choice for a separator, commas and semicolons are much more widely used.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.