CRM

nggenova
Participant

Change custom property by importing a list

SOLVE

I am new to HubSpot and just testing importing lists. I created a custom property and imported a list to put a value in that property for 1 contact. I then removed the value from that field in my list for that contact and imported it again. I expected that the property for that contact to change to being 'blank' instead of having the original value. It did not however. Am I missing something or does importing a list NOT change the value of a custom propoerty to 'blank' once there is already a value in there? Does this have to been done manually or via an API? 

Thank you.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
FlywheelKinetic
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

It has to have a value in it for it to "override" the existing data. Easiest way is to change the data to a space or use "Unknown" or "N/A" if you want the field to be blank after your import. It's super helpful though if you are uploading data and you don't want to lose what's already in there.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
FlywheelKinetic
Solution

SOLVE

It has to have a value in it for it to "override" the existing data. Easiest way is to change the data to a space or use "Unknown" or "N/A" if you want the field to be blank after your import. It's super helpful though if you are uploading data and you don't want to lose what's already in there.

nggenova
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you. Do you update your contacts with an API or through using lists?

0 Upvotes
FlywheelKinetic

SOLVE

We import via lists at this point.

0 Upvotes
nggenova
Participant

SOLVE

Ok. We are going to be doing that as well. 

0 Upvotes