CRM

SpubHot
Participant

Change country name defaults filled by Hubspot Insights

SOLVE

When a new company is added from an association with a contact, HS automatically populates data for this company from an internal database (Insights). That includes the country of the company's HQ. Is there a way to change how this country is being named?

Many countries can be called multiple ways, even in English (USA, US, United Sates). Not to mention other languages. We need to standardize on one way across the team. Unfortunately, our choice doesn't match with what Hubspots insists in putting in the country field. We end up with inconsistent countries and that screws up a lot of things, from filtering and view sorting to reporting.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SpubHot,

For the specific property you are referring to, I don't believe so without some hefty workflow set-up...and even in that case, I think you'd have to copy and change the property into your own custom field and report on that vs using the one that is autopopulated.

I could be wrong, but based on my understanding of this property I don't think you'll be able to accomplish what you're trying to do.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @SpubHot,

For the specific property you are referring to, I don't believe so without some hefty workflow set-up...and even in that case, I think you'd have to copy and change the property into your own custom field and report on that vs using the one that is autopopulated.

I could be wrong, but based on my understanding of this property I don't think you'll be able to accomplish what you're trying to do.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
SpubHot
Participant

SOLVE

Hmm, too bad if true. I was hoping there is a list of default country names somewhere that can simply be edited. Not changing records after the fact with a workflow. That's super clunky, even if it worked.

It's unfortunate that HubSpot has these global ambitions, but still looks and feels so much like an American service with some localization bolted on as an afterthought.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @SpubHot,

Just wanted to pop in and thank you for the feedback around localization and global mindset. I am going to pass this feedback along to the team. 

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts 🙂 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes