CRM

Christian_V
参加者

Change company name (or other property) JUST for one quote?!

解決

Hey guys, 

I am (almost) 100% sure that it worked before but as of recently we run into the following "issue": 

Our company records names are organized by their name, e.g. "Company - branch XY - location Z". 

When creating a quote Hubspot pulls in the Name of the company that we have to change to their legal entities name (e.g. Company Ltd.). 

When I do that in the "buyer info" step of quote creation I'd like the change to only affect the quote but not the company records proterty. As stated above we played through this before and it just changed it for the quote. Now we change the actual data. 

Am I missing something? Or was something changed in how HS works here? Or was I dreaming that it worked like this before? 

It has to be one of the three... 🙂 

Thanks! 

Christian

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @Christian_V,

At this stage, unfortunately that is not possible. You would have to change the buyer's info back after creating the quote.

You could request in the HubSpot Ideas section that this behavior be changed.

Alternatively, you could rethink your naming convention – the branch and location could also be custom properties instead of being incorporated into the company name. If that's not an option, then you'd have to change the name for the quote and make sure to revert the change on the company record after creating the quote. Currently, there is no way around that.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
4件の返信
webdew
ガイド役 | Diamond Partner
ガイド役 | Diamond Partner

解決

Hi @Christian_V ,

There is no such change observed by me. it gives a notification also that this change in buyer's info will only be valid for this specific quote and if you want to change this, you can do it here.
I have attached a screenshot for your reference as well
1.PNG

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 いいね!
Christian_V
参加者

解決

Your screenshot show "your organization" not the buyer's info. 

I'd like to have the same behaviour for the buyer's organization as well...

0 いいね!
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @Christian_V,

At this stage, unfortunately that is not possible. You would have to change the buyer's info back after creating the quote.

You could request in the HubSpot Ideas section that this behavior be changed.

Alternatively, you could rethink your naming convention – the branch and location could also be custom properties instead of being incorporated into the company name. If that's not an option, then you'd have to change the name for the quote and make sure to revert the change on the company record after creating the quote. Currently, there is no way around that.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 いいね!
karstenkoehler
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @Christian_V,

Hahaha, things like these can be infuriating. Has it always been like that...?

I'm not aware of any change here recently, as far as I can tell, it has been like that for quite a while. Changing the buyer info will reflect on the company record, see also this property history:

karstenkoehler_1-1625035888010.png

Whenever you're making changes that only affect this specific quote, HubSpot will let you know (for example when it comes to "Your information").

karstenkoehler_0-1625035683882.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 いいね!