CRM

SNasonov3
Membro

Categories with different product lines

resolver

Hello Community,

I have an issue setting up properly Deal page.

We have 2 categories of product and lot's of line products under each category.

For example, Category: Cars and related products BMW, Mercedes, Toyota.

Category: Bicycles and related products SUZUKI, JEEP, Honda.

Sometimes it happens, that a customer buys something from the Cars and Bicycles category, so creating a new deal you have a drop-down list with multiple selections under Category.

For example Deal 1. Category Cars+Bicycles and Line product: BMW, SUZUKI.

I am concerned about reporting part. I want to have separately reported amounts sold by categories like Cars and Bicycles and maybe stacked it by product line etc, but having this logic I cannot do it.

The solution should be simple, create separate deals for each category, but we use contacting tool - PandaDoc, and in 1 contact have all items both Cars and Bicycles, and wanted to have contact assigned to each deal, so separation of deals by category are not a solution, because for 1 deal we will have attached contact but for another, it will be blank.

Does anybody know a workaround for it?

Thanks for hep.

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @SNasonov3,

This shouldn't be an issue in report if you're working with HubSpot products: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/products/how-do-i-use-products

Products have their own properties and open up powerful options in reporting when pulling in line-items as a data source.

From what you're describing, you're currently working with deal properties (you mentioned a dropdown). If you're tracking product information in custom properties, this would be a matter of including this information in products rather than custom properties.

This might mean creating variations of products.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions. If you want to share more context, that might also be useful.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

3 Respostas 3
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @SNasonov3,

This shouldn't be an issue in report if you're working with HubSpot products: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/products/how-do-i-use-products

Products have their own properties and open up powerful options in reporting when pulling in line-items as a data source.

From what you're describing, you're currently working with deal properties (you mentioned a dropdown). If you're tracking product information in custom properties, this would be a matter of including this information in products rather than custom properties.

This might mean creating variations of products.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions. If you want to share more context, that might also be useful.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

shyannehkr
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi there! This may be a silly question but have you tried exporting all data into Hubspot so that you do not have to deal with PandaDoc in this instance? I know that can be not the most ideal approach but may save you a lot of time, energy, and resources in the long run!

0 Avaliação positiva
SNasonov
Participante

resolver

Hi @shyannehkr  sorry I am new to hubspot? Could clarify what do you mean by that?

0 Avaliação positiva