CRM

2chars
Contributor

Capturing additional fields for Shopify sales: partially pre-populate form from deal + assign task?

Hello community!

We use Shopify as our e-commerce platform. It's great, but when our salespeople create draft orders via the admin interface, what are sometimes critical pieces of information can be left out. For example, purchase order numbers, accounts payable email addresses, parent company name, PDFs (e.g. POs themselves), etc.

We would like to make it easy for our salespeople to provide all relevant data with each sale.

Here's what I envision:

1 - Make sale in Shopify (working today)

2 - HubSpot<>Shopify integration pulls order info into HubSpot as a Deal (working today)

3 - Task assigned to task queue for sales people to claim deal ownership (working today)

4 - Task assigned to deal owner to enter additional information (working today)

5 - When sales person opens "Enter Additional Information for Order #1234" task, sales person should be able to launch a form that displays relevant deal information (e.g. customer name & company, SKUs, pricing, etc.), and then enter one or more optional pieces of information (e.g. Parent Company Name, association with a particular campaign, Purchase Order #, link to or attach PO PDF itself, etc.)

I think Zapier could play a role here, as well as Google Forms, but we're totally agnostic as far as tools go. I'm looking for something that works well and doesn't require wasteful manual efforts without being deep into "enterprise budget" terrority on the pricing side. I can build something alone over a weekend, but it couldn't be the cleanest or more importantly the least-clunky tool out there, so pointers are appreciated.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Capturing additional fields for Shopify sales: partially pre-populate form from deal + assign task?

Hey @2chars 

Thank you for the information provided and apologies for the delayed answer. I'll tag a few experts that can share their thoughts with you.

Hey @darynsmith @vickisonne @Bryantworks do you have any advice for @2chars?

Thank you 

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

2chars
Contributor

Sharon - didn't end up finding any cleaner solution than just adding the fields we want to be filled out to the Quick View and creating tasks for owners to add the metadata. Thanks, still interested in improvement. 

0 Upvotes
2chars
Contributor

Thanks Sharon. Would be great to hear feedback on this.

0 Upvotes